Boogeyman/The Devonsville Terror

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by Suicide, Jan 17, 2003.

1. onebyone

onebyone Guest

I was about to start a thread on this movie and now I see there is no need. I will just go order the dvd right now. :banana:

2. Ravenheart

Ravenheart Guest

I picked up this DVD awhile ago for The Devonsville Terror,I love that movie,and found that I liked The Boogeyman alot too.It was different to say the least.

3. Wez4555

Wez4555 Happy Trees Motherfucker!

just watched this a few weeks ago. boogeyman was the shit. suprising it didnt suck. i tried watching devonsville terror but it was too boring. is boogeyman 2 good? i heard it sucked.

4. DefJeff

DefJeff Franca Stoppi's #1 fan

The ending of The Devonsville Terror rules Wez! Definitally make it through once just to see it.

5. Cujo108

Cujo108 Guest

Yeah, I love Devonsville through and through, but the climax towards the end is definitely the highlight of the film. Outstanding scene with awesome music to boot!

6. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

I grabbed this disc a while back when everyone thought it was OOP (right when Media Play/Suncoast had those stacks of Blind Dead discs for cheap as well).
    I really didn't like either movie that much, but did get all my $ back X2 on ebay. Now I see this disc everywhere. Maybe I'll give it another chance, but I remember the only thing I liked was Ms. Love.

7. Wez4555

Wez4555 Happy Trees Motherfucker!

i guess i watch it again to see the ending.

8. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

I used to own this double feature DVD but sold it. The Boogeyman was OK, a little dull and not worth much more than one viewing. The Devonsville Terror was boring as hell, I didn't even finish it.

9. Tuzotonic

Tuzotonic Guest

I bought the double feature because I heard that the BoogeyMan was good and I remembered the Devonsville Terror being pretty good. However when I played it, I realized that they had put the wrong movie in the case. I'm not sure how this happened since the movie was brand new Oh well I guess I'll just have to go out and buy it again.

10. dwatts

dwatts Active Member

Huh - it's taken me three years and some months before sitting down and watching Devonsville Terror. I actually wanted to watch The Boogey Man, bit I put the disc in wrong side up. :D

Still, I let it run. It's a rather silly (all too familiar) story without any surprises. Donald Pleasance is in it, but it's basically a cameo (he never leaves the room he starts in).

Still, I actually enjoyed it quite a bit. It's your typical witches get killed, town is cursed, witches come back story. Some female flesh is on show, and there's a great melting face scene. Though non-anamorphic, the 1.85:1 print isn't too bad actually.

This is one of those no-thrill type films that isn't special in any way, but nonetheless entertains genre fans looking for something to pass the time with. Glad I watched this tonight.

11. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

I actually repurchased this double feature DVD, and finally got around to watching The Devonsville Terror all the way through a few months ago. It was slightly boring, but not terrible. At least the storyline was mildly interesting and the setting was nice. The Boogeyman is a better film, but again it's not a huge favorite of mine. For some reason I really like the DVD, though.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2007
  12. dwatts

dwatts Active Member

It's an old school DVD mate, from the beginning of time it seems. The menus are sub-Brentwood, and there are no extras. The non-anamorphic slightly soft transfers ain't helping things. Nor is the coevr art.

But like you, I couldn't be without it. It just belongs in my collection somehow.

Denvonshire is by the numbers, so I guess it could come across as boring. I found myself enjoying it though. And whenever I felt I might get bored, a woman took her top off. (Or Pleasance pulled a worm from his vein) :D

13. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

Does anyone have the 88 films Blu-Ray release of Devonsville? Can it be played on a PS4> Seems like it should.

14. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I have it, and it played without issue on my region A player. The Boogeyman and Prozzie did as well.

Mutilated Prey likes this.
  15. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

Thanks! I just revisited Devonsville recently and forgot what a great flick it is.

CPT HOOK likes this.