Creepshow anthology series from Greg Nicotero coming to Shudder

Discussion in 'General' started by satans-sadists, Jul 18, 2018.

1. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I made it to the end of this, and they should have called it Creepshow 3: The Series. Bluntly: I thought this was pretty terrible.

The best one was easily the scarecrow episode. I also kind of liked the "man in the suitcase" episode. As a whole, I think episode 6 was probably the most watchable, as the first segment had fun gore effects and the second was a family drama about the creature of Lake Champlain. For the most part though, this series was pretty tough to sit through. They're cheap, boring, and not very well thought out.

I also thought these failed as homages to EC Comics, which is what Creepshow was. It seemed like the approach was mostly to just do anthology horror.

If you're that curious, maybe check out the scarecrow segment, which is the first half of episode 4. Otherwise, skip it.

2. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

To be honest, I haven’t been keeping up. Lost interest after about the 4th episode. I don’t think that it should have been that difficult to keep it stylistically like the first film but they botched it. A large part is the music, and they should have just recycled the old score as much as possible. The other thing is Creepshow is primarily a vehicle for Stephen King’s short stories. Without him it was just never going to be “Creepshow”, just another TV horror anthology series among many others.

Buechlers_beard likes this.
  3. Natas

Natas Is it October yet?

Agreed..... I really liked the Man in the Suitcase, though. I thought that was terrific.

4. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

I did think the series was getting better as it went on, but I've just watched episode 5 and boy does this drop, episode 5 is awful, the worst of all, really rubbish stories, I liked the zombie make up at the end, but the rest of it was shit!

5. x666x

x666x Well-Known Member

I will have to agree that this series really does not live up to the two real Creepshow movies. Does not capture the feel / quirkiness of them. Does not even succeed on it's own merit if they were trying to break away from the vibe of the originals. Kind of pointless. Production quality was good, but just very lifeless.