Criterion Collection (finally) presents..... SCANNERS!

Discussion in 'General' started by Hatchetwarrior, Apr 16, 2014.

1. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

I just think it looks awesome.

2. gobad2003

gobad2003 Active Member

Most horror films are guy, that's why we love them and this forum :rolleyes:

3. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

I watched my Criterion release of Scanners for the first time recently after buying it from Barnes and Noble over a year or so ago. One of the inner plastic holders was completely broken making the disc not fit securely. There's no issues with the disc itself, but it's kind of annoying the case is messed up. Anyone ever have an issue like this, and if so, what do you suggest? Contact Criterion? Barnes and Noble? Suck it up?

4. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

That's simply cosmetic damage which likely won't be replaced by either Criterion or Barnes & Nobel, especially well over a year after purchase. If you want to replace it, you'll likely have to find a blank/empty Criterion-style case online although finding a 3-disc version might prove tricky. I know they sell single-disc versions on the Criterion website (although expensive at $12 for 5) and you can get them from other third party/blank media case sellers as well. I'd simply just get one of those plastic or paper DVD sleeves and put the disc in there and keep it in the case you already have so it has some protection other than just sitting loose since the rest of the case seems fine.

Mutilated Prey likes this.
  5. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Criterion replaced my broken case for Blood Simple free of charge, but I had ordered it directly from them and received it damaged.

Scanners might be a little more complicated because of it's gatefold packaging.

6. f.ramses

f.ramses sociopath

I would definitely recommend contacting Criterion directly and explaining the situation. It's not quite the same but I once got them to send me a new sleeve for one of my DVDs.

7. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

This is why I hate digipaks, steelbooks, etc.

You could try something along these lines: https://www.ebay.com/itm/100-Pak-Cl...934912?hash=item35da4fe1c0:g:DIgAAOSwdmpZ38c5