Deadly Games (3615 Code Pere Noel) 1989 French Chirstmas Horror!

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by CPT HOOK, Dec 21, 2017.

1. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

2. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Yeah, I received the limited 3-Disc Digipak set from Amazon DE last week.

It's a fun little French film, kind of like a European John Hughes Home Alone film (with some Tim Burton thrown in) infused with Silent Night, Deadly Night. It's no classic or anything, but a fun little holiday film. Just don't expect any hardcore Horror in it.

I can check the Blu-ray again later to see if it is really locked or not...though the B icon does appear on the back cover. The 2 PAL DVD's included in the MediaBook are definitely Region 2 locked however.

It's a Camera Obscura release...so the film has a really solid transfer + the extra features are English friendly. But if you're not region-free, some of the extras are only included on the locked 3rd DVD. The cheaper single disc Blu-ray disc obviously doesn't include all of the extras then.

Edit: I checked the Blu-ray on my multi-region player, and it is indeed Region Free.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2017
  3. Do you see

Do you see Member

I just ordered the single disc version the other day. It's enroute now, can't wait to check it out. Holiday horror (Xmas in particular) is a favorite of mine.

4. hellraiser40

hellraiser40 Active Member

i've ordered it too, only single disc, more due to it being a Camera Obscura release

5. f.ramses

f.ramses sociopath

The description I skimmed for this movie didn’t do much for me but I picked it up anyway since it was a Camera Obscura release and a Christmas themed horror movie. It’s got a pretty low body count and most of the violence occurs off screen but in spite of this I liked the movie quite a bit; it’s got a cool atmosphere and the story was pretty decent too.
    As I watched this I kept thinking how similar it was to Home Alone and was amused to find that the director thought so too and either just threatened to or actually tried to sue the company that made Home Alone. I’m guessing he was not successful or didn’t actually do it because that’s pretty much all I could find about that though.

6. gobad2003

gobad2003 Active Member

I was debating picking this one up but money is so tight right now with Christmas and I already spent a shit-load on a ton of sales already between Black Friday and now. I'm spent for awhile and will have to eat ramen noodles for about a month :eek:

Natas likes this.
  7. Katatonia

8. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

9. Katatonia