Horror at Popeye's Chicken over new sandwich

Discussion in 'General' started by ImmortalSlasher, Nov 13, 2019.

1. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

2. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

3. Natas

Natas Is it October yet?

It may not be acid.....but whatever it is, I want two.

baggio and Steel76 like this.
  4. ImmortalSlasher

ImmortalSlasher Well-Known Member

Funny. But yes.

I had enough red meat to last a lifetime. It always seemed to be Wendys, McDonalds, Arbys, Burger King, A&W, Sizzler, Ponderosa, Taco Bell, and tons of other fast food places that I can't remember. The cheeseburger I thought was the best American food to get. I also loved a good corned beef sandwich or reuben.

A combination of things made me stop eating red meat and I haven't looked back for years.

5. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

God knows what they do to those meats at fast food places. Most likely full of preservatives, plus things like conred beef are processed. Not the types of meat people should really be eating, especially often.

ImmortalSlasher likes this.
  6. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Exactly. And if people saw what the so-called "meat" at places like Taco Bell looked like before they cook it, they probably wouldn't want to eat it.

I eat so little meat these days, that I could almost label myself a vegetarian. It's not unusual that I'll go a week or more without eating even a bite of meat now, and even when I do it's in small portions. I do know some people who eat almost exclusively meat...which I can hardly imagine.

ImmortalSlasher and Zombie Dude like this.
  7. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

My backgrounds European so I couldn't imagine not eating meat. I stick to home cooked meals though and avoid most fast food and processed meats.

8. ImmortalSlasher

ImmortalSlasher Well-Known Member

Yeah, by often I was at fast food places at least 3 to 4 times a week perhaps more. When you are a kid and active you can get away with it. I guess kids these days don't because from what I heard some schools have cut gym class.

When I saw what people that worked at KFC were doing to the chickens, I stopped going there. I would get a chicken breast, biscuit, mashed potatoes, and cole slaw from them as well just like Popeyes. But if you are going to breed chickens just for food, the least you can do is treat them with respect.

I was never big on chicken mcnuggets or any of McDonalds chicken sandwiches. But a while back I saw a story about meat paste and that was enough to stop any sort of quick fried chicken sandwich or nugget.

It was when I saw a cow diagram that what I was eating really hit me.

cow diagram.jpg

I looked into pig and chicken as well. I would eat a lot of ham and cheese sandwiches. All that stopped. I'm slowing down on chicken. I want to try out the substitute artifical eggs soon. And fish is probably the last one if I stop that one.

Along with my old belief that the cheeseburger was classic American food. I also thought steak and potatoes was another one. I enjoyed a good beef stew as well.

As this is a horror forum, without spoiling it. I think one of the best moments in Doomsday is the bad guy's line at his party midway in the movie and what happens afterwards. That's a wild scene. Anyone who hasn't seen Doomsday yet should check it out. The scene was a complete surprise to me and I couldn't believe they went through with it. I thought he was joking.

And the Doomsday scene gave a whole new meaning to this scene in Halloween H20.

Katatonia likes this.