Massacre Video - Updates/Releases

Discussion in 'General' started by Chomp, Feb 16, 2013.

1. I finally grabbed their DVD of Black Past. I've never seen it but I loved Littenbach's The Burning Moon and Premutos.

2. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

[​IMG]

Kim Bruun likes this.
  3. Kim Bruun

Kim Bruun Resident Scream Queen

Really looking forward to Fiend! Every time I've seen a post from them on my Facebook feed, I've asked "when's Fiend coming out?" Their last response was one of thinly veiled annoyance. :)

satans-sadists likes this.
  4. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

Guess that means Fiend may not be anytime soon? Haven't seen either, but I am interested in both Fiend & Enter the Devil.

5. Kim Bruun

Kim Bruun Resident Scream Queen

They said something along the lines of "we'll release it when it's finished." The post above states early 2018, but Massacre Video seems to work at a Synapse pace.

I haven't seen Fiend either, but I thoroughly enjoyed The Alien Factor and would love to see more Don Dohler.

6. bruce h

bruce h Editor - CINEMA ARCANA

From my Cinema Arcana FB page:

Recorded a new commentary track tonight with actor George Stover and cinematographer Richard Geiwitz for Don Dohler's FIEND (1980), coming to Blu-Ray next year from Massacre Video. The film tells the tale of a seriously-mustached supernatural boogeyman who terrorizes the suburbs of Baltimore, sucking the life essence out of every man, woman and child unlucky enough to make his acquaintance. It's up to an annoyed, pipe-smoking neighbor to stop him. A purposely intimate, confined film from do-it-yourself legend Dohler, FIEND is a darker, meaner outing than his more high-profile alien epics, and hopefully this upcoming restoration, featuring the first new scan the title's received in 30+ years, will find it a new generation of fans. Expect more details in the coming months.

[​IMG]

Angelman, Kim Bruun and MorallySound like this.