Moldhouse Double Features ...

Discussion in 'General' started by Hellbilly, Apr 22, 2007.

1. Hellbilly

Hellbilly Active Member

... a Grindhouse spin off ;)

Now Showing: Nightmare Weekend & Evils Of The Night

[​IMG] & [​IMG]

NIGHTMARE WEEKEND (1986) - To study human behaviour a Professor and his (evil) assistant invide three college girls to stay at their mansion over the weekend for relaxation and a few 'harmless' experiments. Unknown to the Professor the weekend turns into a nightmare when the assistant transforms the girls personal items via computer into silver balls. Once the sphere found it's way back to the owner more than just behaviour will be changed - they become disfigured zombified maniacs with murder on their mind! Borderline train wreck of a movie, inept in every way possible yet a fascinating and very entertaining slice of cheddar that's hard to resist. Charming in it's dumbness the film's badness works perfectly in it's favor.

Cheese: 5/5
    Fun: 4/5
    Nudity/Sex: 2/5
    Blood/Violence: 3/5

Overall Rating: 3.5/5

EVILS OF THE NIGHT (1985) - In order to extent their lifespan aliens from outer space must drain the blood from juvenile earthlings. Two ruthless mechanics pose as minions supplying the galactic invaders with kidnapped boys (dirty minded) and girls (bimbos) from a nearby camping ground. John Carradine can be seen as one of the aliens wearing a silly silver spacesuit giving orders through a cheap ring on his finger. Notes should also go to the actress playing Connie. Her humongous hairdo is so thick you could easily use it as a tray! Corny soundtrack ("Boys Will Be Boys" is quite catchy) and an unusual high nudity factor makes this somewhat uneven sci-fi/terror flick with slasher elements still an ok watch.

Cheese: 4/5
    Fun: 2/5
    Nudity/Sex: 4/5
    Blood/Violence: 3/5

Overall Rating: 3/5

Fun double feature that blends well. They have a similar theme going and while Evils Of The Night is the better produced movie Nightmare Weekend makes up with twice the unintentional humor. One a sidenote, both movies were made in 1984 but didn't get released until a few years later.

I will post a few worthy double features in the future but everyone feel free to do the same :)

2. Spacevis

Spacevis There's some Dettol in the jeep!

Great idea Hellbilly!! I have Nightmare Weekend on VHS, but haven't watched it yet. Your review prompts me to watch it very very soon :D Anyways, keep 'em comin' !!

3. Hellbilly

Hellbilly Active Member

Will do! and I hope you'll enjoy Nightmare Weekend. Seems like I'm the only one here who likes it ...

4. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Yep. Even a second viewing did nothing for me. :lol:

5. Jason25

Jason25 Moderator

Terrible, terrible film.

Glad you liked it though and cool thread topic.

6. Noto

Noto Guest

Is that the Millennium Falcon on the cover of Evils of the Night?

7. DrHerbertWest

DrHerbertWest For Your Health

Evils Of Night is a terrible film, sorry. I bought it and sold it ASAP.

8. Richard Anthony

Richard Anthony Member

Nightmare Weekend is a fun Movie! I don't care what anyone says! Crazy Troma fun. Plus it has a very young Andrea Thompson(of NYPD Blue fame) Nude and looking Hot!

I also like Evils Of The Night, it's alot of fun! I love John Carradine and I always love seeing him alongside some other B Film Vets.

9. gore

gore Guest

Damn, had bought this a while back and have not popped it in. :mad:

10. Hellbilly

Hellbilly Active Member

Now that's the spirit!
    I was starting to think my first double feature recommendation backfired but I'm glad to see someone else enjoyed them. :D

11. Hellbilly

Hellbilly Active Member

Now Showing: Blood-Drenched Terror!

[​IMG] & [​IMG]

PIECES (1982) - A chainsaw-wielding and body parts collecting maniac is on the lose at a university slicing up young and badly dubbed female euro-students (who like to tease teachers or leave notes saying "I wanna do it in the water ... meet me the at the pool"). Blonde Detective/tennis pro Mary " Bastard! " Riggs goes undercover at the campus and with a little help from student/wannabe cop Kendall she tries to put the pieces of this gory puzzle together. Notorious 80s slasher that falls into the so-bad-so-good category.

Cheese 4/5
    Fun 4/5
    Nudity/Sex 3/5
    Blood/Violence 4/5

Overall Rating: 4/5

A NIGHT TO DISMEMBER (1983) - After being locked away for 5 years with the criminally insane, freshly released Vicki Kent encounters even more insanity and madness when she moves back home with her family. Doris Wishman's slasher gone surreal thanks to a troubled production (most of the original negative was destroyed) is a riot. About 98% of this movie is narrated (by a Detective) while the rest is (poorly) dubbed. If you pay close attention you can also hear some of the original audio in two or three scenes. Wishman tried her best to save this mess but instead enhanced the camp factor. A human barking and pretending to be a (off-screen) dog or making "swissssssh" and "crunch" noises when someone gets stabbed or rolled over by a car! Trippy. Repeated late night viewings back in the 90s made this bleeding piece of 'ploitation a midnight fave that continued to grow on me. It never failed to crack me up and still does to this day.

Fun: 5/5
    Nudity/Sex: 2.5/5
    Blood/Violence: 4.5/5

Overall Rating: 4/5

Besides all the badness, Pieces actually feels like a real movie compared to A Night To Dismember - but don't let that scare you off. Wishman's epos is quite an experience and worth watching. Once at least.

12. onebyone

onebyone Guest

Now that's a worthy Moldhouse Double Feature. I will have to try those together, as they seem like two great so bad they are good taste that would go well together. I am forever grateful to you for recommending A NIGHT TO DISMEMBER to me awhile back. It's a bad cinema classic.

13. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

Awesome review. I have to get and see both Pieces and A Night To Dismember now.

14. Spacevis

Spacevis There's some Dettol in the jeep!

Damn, that is one good double feature!! Can't wait to try it out myself.

15. Hellbilly

Hellbilly Active Member

Now Showing: Beastly B-Sequels!

[​IMG]
    & [​IMG]

BOGGY CREEK II: AND THE LEGEND CONTINUES (1985) - Deep in the sweaty swamps of Arkansas anthropologist Lockart (Charles B. Pierce) and three students are in search of the legendary Boggy Creek creature. Equipped with a gun, a high tech computer /w sensors, a four-wheel-drive jeep and bologna sandwiches our fearless quartet not only encounter Bigfoot - but also stark raving mad dogs, fierce goats, headless deers and big fat filthy hillbillies.
    Producer/Director/Actor Charles B. Pierce's attempt to breath new life into the Bigfoot myth in the 80s kinda flew by unrecognized. Aiming at a younger audience Pierce did cast two young ladies and his son (who runs around shirtless most of the time taking orders from his dad) as leads. Ditching the "Legend Of Boggy Creek" faux documentary route he did back in 1972 - Pierce decided to do a real motion picture with this sequel. PG-rated backwoods cheese with lots of bad hair and action to laugh at.

Cheese: 3/5
    Fun: 3/5
    Nudity/Sex: 0/5
    Blood/Violence: 0.5/5

Overall Rating: 3.5/5

HOWLING II: YOUR SISTER IS A WEREWOLF (1985) - There's a secret society of man-eating werewolves and it's up to Stefan (Christopher Lee) to uncover and stop this lycanthropical madness. Joining forces are Ben (Reb Brown) and Mariana (Marsha A. Hunt), and together they fly down to Transylvania in order to kill Stirba (Sybil Danning) - reigning Queen Bitch and mother of all Werewolves.
    Incoherent plot, corny special effects, bad acting and Sybil Danning exposing her boobs all add up for cheesy fun. Throw in a New Wave-ish ambiance, Christopher Lee with punky sunglasses plus a killer soundtrack and you have something cool.

Fun: 5/5
    Nudity/Sex: 4/5
    Blood Violence: 4/5

Overall Rating: 4.5/5

From the swamps of Arkansas to the pits of Transylvania, both deliver with beastly action. Boggy Creek II is a re-discovered new fave of mine and Howling II has always ruled in my book. Both go well together.

16. Noto

Noto Guest

"In the cold, cold night. The cold, cold night of the mmmmmooooooooo-ooooo-uhn!"

17. Luna

Luna Guest

Oh wow, Boggy Creek II: Electric Boogaloo. That one is cheesy as all hell!

Also a bit painful. :nervous:

18. Now showing..... It came from the BACKYAAAAAARD!

Darkness: The Vampire version (original cut)

A group of friends go to a concert expecting a night of fun and sex and return to find theier town overun by zonbies/vampires. Now they must fight to stay alive!

Nudity- Bupkiss
    Gore/Blood- Through the fucking roof!
    acting- 3/5
    hilarity- 1.5/5

Meat Market

Ateam of bounty hunters teams up with a mexican wrestler and 3 lesbian vampires. Together they combat the never ending hordes(same 6) of zombies!!!!!

Nudity- Boobs! Bush! Lesbo kissing!
    Gore/Blood- Would make Fulci proud!
    actng- 1/5
    hilarity- 2/5

All in all, a very awesome double feature! I had never seen Meat Market previous and would higly recomend it!

19. Hellbilly

Hellbilly Active Member

Sounds like a fun twosome! Never seen Meat Market so I guess I'll have to track that one down someday.

20. It's pretty good. You can get Meat market 1 and 2 in a 2 pack deal on Sub Rosa's website! Can you diggit, suckkkka!?!