Post Your Horror Collection (Replicas, Masks and Collectibles)

Discussion in 'General' started by Zombie Dude, Jul 4, 2013.

1. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

I bought this during Sideshows Black Friday sale. Always wanted this one. Also my first Hot Toy.

[​IMG]

2. ImmortalSlasher

ImmortalSlasher Active Member

You'll be shocked at how good the likeness is if you've never seen one in person before. They didn't have anything I wanted during the sale. Actually some stores didn't discount as much as I expected and I was glad I got a few items during previous sales. It seems to pay to wait for Hot Toys and Sideshow figure discounts though. Unless it's a popular character like Iron Man or a wanted exclusive, most don't seem to sell out that fast. And you can get either a discount or enter one of their contests for a $25 off in stock items coupon.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
    buck135 and Zombie Dude like this.
  3. Zombie Dude

Just got him yesterday and you're absolutely right. The detail is incredible! He looks so good. Now I want to get more of these haha.

4. Zombie Dude

Here's a picture. I had the backdrop setup as well but its a little too tall for the cabinet unfortunately.
    [​IMG]

Steel76, ImmortalSlasher and buck135 like this.
  5. Angelman

Angelman OCD Blu Ray Collector

I forgot to mention I did buy some artwork straight from the artists. My favorite is a Tom mandrake splash from a Justice League special of the Martian Manhubter that is framed and still hangs in my place.

6. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

When you first look at that photo. Scrolling "slowly" from top(of course) to bottom, I swear it looks like it's a photo you took of Jared Leto at some comic convention. It's that dam good.

Zombie Dude likes this.
  7. ImmortalSlasher

I saw this review and thought about getting Harley. Perhaps you might want to get her to go with Joker.

I like the cartoon look more but I didn't think the smiling version would be as good as it seems. She was probably the best part of Suicide Squad. And the whole back and forth with Joker. It's too bad they didn't plan the series out more as I would have liked to see that Batman and Robin vs Joker and Harley battle. But news keeps talking about recasting Affleck and the performance of Justice League doesn't look like what they expected.

I wish someone showed me original comic art back in the 90s. I probably would have purchased a page or two. They were almost giving pages away from what I've heard. I could have used some comic or videogame money towards a page that would be crazy expensive today.

Zombie Dude likes this.
  8. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

That Harley is great. Only tiny, tiny, complaint. Maybe the mouth is open a bit too wide. Inside mouth teeth, etc... detail is outstanding. Otherwise excellent.

Also I'm sure you know already. But there's 4 other Harley's from sideshow too. (pre-order)

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/dc-comics-harley-quinn-prisoner-version-hot-toys-902949/

[​IMG]

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collect...y-quinn-dancer-dress-version-hot-toys-903185/

[​IMG]

And a non poseable figure. (pre order)

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/dc-comics-harley-quinn-sideshow-collectibles-3006561/

[​IMG]

and a Statue w/3 different heads (pre order)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
  9. Zombie Dude

Thanks guys. I totally love these figures. They're so lifelike and just look amazing. So much so that I managed to snag a few more.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

ImmortalSlasher, baggio and buck135 like this.
  10. Zombie Dude

Yeah I've seen the Harley and think she looks pretty good but I'm not a massive fan of her. I mean if I found the figure for the right price I'd probably want it. That video was great. When he was swearing about losing a piece on the carpet I was laughing :D
    I actually really want a Batfleck now. I like the BuS version the most but I think I'd most want the Knightmare version and the Armor which Sideshow has a really sweet battle damaged version available at the moment.

11. ImmortalSlasher

Sideshow Collectibles did make a pretty good Harley Quinn a few years ago. I get their almost spam emails every week. I only read the Thursday one though. That Prime 1 company really is the new Sideshow Collectibles now. I saw people posting images from a recent show in Tokyo and they had full team line ups of both movie and comic Justice League. Plus video game Batman line up, Jim Lee Batman and Superman, and so many other series.

I thought about getting that Superman after seeing his modification video. But I didn't want to get into all that. It does look really good though. I think it's still the best version unless you want to go to the larger scale, higher priced ones from Prime 1.

His videos make me want to buy so many figures. He reviewed the Ghostbusters but they are only sold as a set I think. Too expensive. I might see if I can find someone selling just Ray one day.

Hot Toys did just show the Justice League version of Batman. It has an unmasked version too. Which means they will probably have another unmasked version for the original Dawn of Justice version eventually. Or make it quarter scale.

I wish they would do more horror figures. I want Ripley but I'm still waiting to see how the Aliens version will turn out. I guess since Alien Covenant turned out so bad we will never get that figure of Shaw that they showed some years ago. There aren't that many horror heroes that would make good figures with a lot of extra items though. Barbara from the Night of the Living Dead remake could be good since she changes her look from the beginning to the end of the movie and uses a few different weapons.

baggio likes this.
  12. Natas

Natas Is it October yet?

Hahaaaaaaa!!! Look at this little guy! Worthy of his own shelf no doubt. I'd like to add more like a small Christmas tree and a mini deer mount!
    Naughty!!!!!! PUNISHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Attached Files:

buck135 likes this.
  13. SaviniFan

SaviniFan I Have A Fetish

Finished my Flyboy kit from Dawn of the Dead. Hope you guys like it.
    26907988_1970517056309955_112877905211641303_n.jpg 26904397_1970517092976618_3448431112114467871_n.jpg 19905182_1970517129643281_5198702177612983182_n.jpg

Natas, X-human, buck135 and 2 others like this.
  14. ImmortalSlasher

Sideshow Collectibles put up an update on their Hellraiser Hell Priestess statue since it's about to be released.

[​IMG]

I don't know, I was going to see about getting one. But now I'm thinking I'll wait and see what the smaller and cheaper Kotobukiya version will look like. I'm definitely getting that prop cube. And that's close to $200+. I still like that blood base on the Hell Priestess but not enough to for $450+ shipping and that Hellraiser box prop too. Plus the prop cube I can display in a bookshelf somewhere when it's not the October month. Maybe if Sideshow has the Priestess on sale later on but right now I'm not jumping to spend close to $1000 on Hellraiser items.

15. Angelman

Angelman OCD Blu Ray Collector

Somebody needs to make a Jess Franco bobblehead.

MorallySound likes this.
  16. SaviniFan

SaviniFan I Have A Fetish

Conquistador Zombie painted by my lovely fiancee. I think I've hooked her on the hobby. :)
    zombi.jpg

x666x, sinister, othervoice1 and 3 others like this.
  17. ImmortalSlasher

Upcoming treats. Might be 4 for 4 for me.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

buck135 likes this.
  18. ImmortalSlasher

Jason. 1:3 scale. Possibly very limited and extremely expensive.

[​IMG]

http://elitecreature.com/index.php?id=102

I wish this wasn't the Part 3 or 4 Jason. I can't remember which. But the price is killer anyway. $2,650 and that's the early bird price. $2,850 after March 13th. And the limit is 513 but if they reach that number of pre-orders or not, ordering will stop on April 13th. I only hope this will influence the next Sideshow Collectibles or other company Jason statue. If the price is dramatically lower they won't get the water and look anywhere near as good as this Elite Creature Jason. But maybe they will do something with a Part 6 Jason with multiple weapons. It seems absurd for this Jason to cost this much and he only has the one machete.

Sideshow Collectibles did make that Hell Priestess with the blood base and they put this Mumm-Ra up for order a few weeks ago with his pool area so there is hope. He's 1:5 scale so not as much as their 1:4 scale statues.

[​IMG]

baggio likes this.
  19. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

Jason's pants look awful baggy.

20. ImmortalSlasher

Not much activity going here anymore. Sideshow Collectibles showed this today. Alien Queen. Expensive. $1,100. Not as good as the hive diorama they teased but cancelled years ago.

[​IMG]

Zombie Dude likes this.