SCIENCE CRAZED coming to DVD and VHS from Videonomicon!

Discussion in 'General' started by MorallySound, Feb 10, 2015.

1. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

[​IMG]

http://www.videonomicon.com/science-crazed-coming-to-vhs-and-dvd/

HorrorDigital-ites, my friend/business partner Jon and I run Videonomicon - a micro video store and releasing company up here in Canada. And officially coming to Limited Edition VHS and – for the first time – Special Edition DVD from Videonomicon this spring is Ron Switzer's SCIENCE CRAZED! Genetic scientist Dr. Wilbur Frank just couldn’t leave well enough alone, he just had to tinker with creation… and now he’s gone and made a big… bad… baby! As the now fully-grown creation stalks the hallways only Dr. Frank’s attractive assistants and Inspector McCoy can stop the asthmatic ‘Fiend’! Ron Switzer’s SCIENCE CRAZED is not so much a movie as it is a life changing experience – for better or worse! Will you survive these 90-minutes of sheer mind-melting insanity? This Canuxploitation rarity has been out-of-print for over 24 years, and now Videonomicon is ready to unleash the ‘Fiend’ to a whole new audience!

Both the VHS and the DVD will feature reversible cover art, one side featuring the original video artwork and on the other brand new artwork by Videonomicon co-founder and artist Jon Vaughn! We’ve got a handful of special features already in the works for the DVD, which includes interviews, audio commentary, and more! We’ll be announcing the full list of features when we reveal the new artwork in the next coming weeks. So stay tuned!

In the meantime, check out the home video trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYUyBFt8Los

We've also licensed and released three other titles to date (the never-before-releaed RYAN'S BABE, the cult horror-comedy RUNAWAY NIGHTMARE, and the surreal LOWLIFE) and also have two from Lee Gordon Demarbre - JESUS CHRIST VAMPIRE HUNTER and THE COMPLETE HARRY KNUCKLES COLLECTION - in the works, which should be out just before Science Crazed.

2. Angelman

Angelman OCD Blu Ray Collector

What was this shot on? No blu Ray?

3. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

It sounds awesome, and the trailer looks like this is right up my alley.

Keep us tuned with any more news MorallySound... I'll definitely pre-order it whenever it goes up.

4. MorallySound

No Blu-ray unfortunately, and I'll discuss why. Science Crazed was originally shot on 16mm (with only one single light[!]), but all film materials - and even tape masters - are either lost or destroyed or no one we've contacted involved or associated with the film knows of their whereabouts. The only known "master" or source available is the Triworld VHS tape from 1991, which we have to use for the release. If you've ever seen Science Crazed you'll know it's never been pretty to begin with technically-speaking, so this shouldn't hinder the experience of the film if it's your first time. We've searched for the last couple of years for other materials with nothing but dead ends... and decided that the movie itself deserves a new audience despite these conditions. If something surfaces and hasn't been lost or destroyed, like the 16mm materials or a Betacam or Digibeta tape, we will jump on them. But chances are slim and we've checked and double-checked all known roads...

We are cleaning up the audio to minimize tape hiss and other issues present in the VHS format, so the release will include a new digitally cleaned up audio track, as well as the original "as is" VHS audio on a separate audio track.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2015
  5. Angelman

Angelman OCD Blu Ray Collector

Totally reasonable. I'm sure that's not a rare occurrence that things get lost. Too bad. I love indie releases of older films.

6. Chomp

Chomp Rudest Motherfucker on HD

Nice!....will definitely grab the DVD.

7. MorallySound

[​IMG]

COMING TO LIMITED EDITION VHS AND SPECIAL EDITION DVD SEPTEMBER 8TH, 2015!

Videonomicon proudly presents one of the Holy Grails of Canadian cult cinema - re-issued on VHS and available on DVD for the first time ever - Ron Switzer's what-the-f*ck horror classic SCIENCE CRAZED! Modern technology and bizarre chemical engineering are to blame for the strange goings on at the renowned Shelley Institute, as well as for this movie. After Doctor Wilbur Frank is fired from performing dangerous experiments, the scienctist injects one of his imprisoned female subjects with an untested human growth serum. Only hours later, the innocent woman dies violently, giving birth to a full grown human male. Almost human that is. With a frenzied urge to kill, the creature destroys the unfortunate Dr. Wilbur and runs amok in the maze of corridors and rooms of the institute. The local town cop, McCoy, joins forces with Wilbur’s assistants, Terry and Joan, and together the trio fights to survive the savage onslaught of the beast. In the end, they must hunt down and destroy what insanity has created and filmed. One well known critic has suggested that perhaps the world would be a better place if they hunted down and destroted the original negative of this film. This camp spoof of horror/sci-fi movies will keep you laughing during those moments you aren’t cringing.

Limited to 1000 copies! (Limited Edition VHS will be limited to 50 copies)

DVD Special Features:
    - "I Survived Science Crazed: Terry Jones Speaks" Interview with star Cameron Klein!
    - "Cameron Klein's Science Crazed Q&A at Shock Stock 2014" Audio Interview with star Cameron Klein featuring Stills Gallery!
    - "Cameron's Grim Stitch Factory" Interview with star Cameron Klein!
    - "Science Crazed Changes Everything" Interview with Pontypool author Tony Burgess!
    - Audio Commentary with Canuxploitation.com's Paul Corupe and Rewind This' Josh Johnson!
    - Original Home Video Trailer!
    - DVD-ROM Content & Other Surprises!

Includes liner notes from Hamilton Trash Cinema's Ben Ruffett and Rewind This' Josh Johnson!

Features reversible cover artwork featuring the original TriWorld home video artwork and new cover artwork by Jon Vaughn!

Last edited: Sep 8, 2015
  8. Katatonia

Both sound like a ton of fun, I've been waiting for Science Crazed especially.

Morally, will these both be pressed DVD's though, or DVD-Rs?

9. MorallySound

Both will be pressed DVDs. And prices are in CAD, so prices will be cheaper in USD.

10. MorallySound

[​IMG] [​IMG]

The day is finally here! RYAN'S BABE and SCIENCE CRAZED Special Edition DVDs now on sale over at Videonomicon.com! These will also be available from DiabolikDVD soon, as we just shipped them a box last week - but feel free to support us and take advantage of the low Canadian dollar by ordering direct from us!

Science Crazed (which has reversible artwork - hence the two versions in the image above) features interviews with lead actor Cameron Klein, Pontypool author/screenwriter Tony Burgess, audio commentary from Canuxploitation.com's Paul Corupe and Rewind This! director Josh Johnson, plus lots more! Ryan's Babe features interviews with writer/director Ray Ramayya, lead actor Bill LeVasseur, audio commentary, stills gallery, and bonus second Ray Ramayya feature (also previously unreleased) Seetha & Carole!

We've also got a few other releases out today on limited edition VHS which include Science Crazed, Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter, and The Complete Harry Knuckles Collection!

Nab them all at http://store.videonomicon.com!

Suicide likes this.
  11. Suicide

Suicide Space Bastard!

Thanks for the reminder, I just ordered a copy of Science Crazed. I've heard terrible things, can't wait to see it! With shipping to the US the total was a few cents over $20USD

MorallySound likes this.
  12. MorallySound

Thanks Suicide!

13. Katatonia

I placed an order for both Science Crazed and Ryan's Girl at DiabolikDVD. Science Crazed just sounds awesomely bad and I've been dying to finally see it. Ryan's Girl also sounds right up my alley... I love goofy roadtrip flicks like that and the synopsis sounds like it's a ton of fun. o_O

MorallySound likes this.
  14. Katatonia

Wow, Science Crazed is definitely bizarre. The script could literally have been written on a post-it note, and the director seriously must have been snorting something at the time of filming and editing it. There really is no sex/nudity or gore to speak of...it's just plain weird. The music score is probably the best part of it all, but the film's pacing makes for a difficult viewing. It's unique in that there's really nothing else out there quite like it, but I'm still thinking WTF did I just watch? :confused: :confused:

MorallySound likes this.
  15. MorallySound

Definitely in a class of its own! Whether you love it or hate it, you likely won't forget it. It seems to hypnotize people, which I think the film's repetitive pacing helps induce.

We recently stumbled on this photo on Instagram of our release, and - just like the movie - we find PURE INSANITY!

[​IMG]
    That's anti-comedian MAJOR ENTERTAINER MIKE H (who's currently opening for Neil Hamburger) and DON BOLLES (drummer from the Germs/45 Grave, etc.) who apparently watched the movie together this past week! WHAT?! Couldn't ask for better publicity for the flick!

Katatonia likes this.
  16. Katatonia

Yes, it's definitely unique and one-of-a-kind. I can't honestly say whether I loved it or hated it, but I don't regret buying it. It's a different experience to say the least. I probably just need to watch it again, but I think I'll ideally need to be in the appropriate mood for that. :eek: LOL

Great job on the DVD though, nice menu designs and bonus features.

Now to watch Ryan's Babe...

17. MorallySound

18. MorallySound

19. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

20. MorallySound