Severin - Upcoming Blu-Ray releases

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by zbinks, Mar 31, 2015.

1. Angelman

Angelman OCD Blu Ray Collector

Not a peep.

chancetx likes this.
  2. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

No, no order confirmation. Just Paypal. But I ordered Jack the Ripper. So it's being held up for that. You can check your order/account through this (unlisted) link: https://severin-films.com/my-account/orders/

Did you get Jack the Ripper? Because they will only ship everything with JtR.

Based on what is barely mentioned in Severin's statement, physical manufacturing on Jack the Ripper will not begin until the Amicus manufacturing issues are resolved.

All of which was just asking for trouble IMHO. They should have had Jack ready to go 11/24. For their own sanity. Lessons learned I hope.

chancetx likes this.
  3. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

EATEN ALIVE announcement:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 15, 2017
    russweiss, Angelman and f.ramses like this.
  4. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

I was going to order the Eaten Alive blu but with shipping and tax it was $34.00. These "limited" release prices are getting out of control. I'll pass for now.

Zombie Dude likes this.
  5. chancetx

chancetx Active Member

Thanks for that info and especially that link! It didn't look like there was a way to check on my order through their website.

I did order Jack the Ripper but their statement (zbinks post at #559) said it would be shipping separately.

Since that was the only new title I ordered and they said it would be shipping separately I just wondered why I hadn't heard anything. I'm sure they were slammed with orders and I don't have a problem waiting but their communication could be better.

X-human likes this.
  6. hellraiser40

hellraiser40 Active Member

same, i have the film on DVD and wouldn't mind upgrading (especially considering the OST) but those prices are ridiculous and with shipping to Europe... i don't want to calculate how much that's going to cost me

7. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Ha! I missed that part of it. That is good news. But yeah I hope they're slowly kicking off orders but I have not read anyone getting confirmations yet. And who knows if we do. A package just might show up unannounced.

I almost pulled the trigger on the Eaten Alive $45 set, but then I did some math and I figured out that the Blu-ray w/ CD & slipcover + T-Shirt = $43. And I'd rather not be burdened with a pin I have absolutely have no desire to own even if it is only $2. And upon reflection I can live without any of it. I'll take my chances and wait for a sale. I can live without the CD/slip on this one.

Adding Eaten Alive to my cart was mostly in my effort for getting the Amicus/Book set with Free Shipping for over $80. I can seemingly get most other items to total just over $80 with free S&H, but not something like Amicus/Book + "Smells of Death" $6.50 shot glass. But if I have an order of just two Amicus/Book sets at $150 it works. So it's not the items themselves that are the issue. And I've found all kinds of weird combinations of items, totaling over $110 that don't qualify, but if I keep the same items just increase one item's count it's free shipping! :confused:

I'm getting pretty tempted now just to get two Amicus/book sets and sell one on eBay at costs just to save on shipping. I'm not finding a combination of things I want that satisfies this stupid cart system.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2017
  8. Suicide

Suicide Space Bastard!

I like that these guys are including shirts, but I haven't really liked any of the designs for them. Their Burial Ground art would've been great on a shirt but they put the cartoony Peter Bark Smells of Death design on the shirt. It's just not a great design. This Eaten Alive image is okay, but would anyone want to wear that shirt around? I wouldn't.

othervoice1 likes this.
  9. othervoice1

othervoice1 Well-Known Member

I was thinking the exact same thing on the Eaten Alive shirt - who would wear that in public?

10. x666x

x666x Well-Known Member

I agree. I looked at the Shirt pack for Eaten Alive and was also wondering who would wear that. Even given the theme/tone it is just not a cool looking shirt as with most of these releases. That is the thing that kills me with all of these covers of the past x-amount of years, they are not well designed. They did not ask themselves, what logo and illustration would not only look good on a bluray cover buy also on other mediums. The original Halloween poster or original F13th movies can translate onto other things because thought was put into the end goal.

11. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

I just got shipping notices for the Amicus boxset and the non-Jack the Ripper portion of my Black Friday purchase.

12. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

13. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

14. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

15. chancetx

chancetx Active Member

Man, still nothing for me. I wonder if some of the titles I ordered are out of stock (like last summer's Scream Factory sale fiasco.)

16. shape22

shape22 Well-Known Member

Same for me.

chancetx likes this.
  17. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

18. zbinks

Apparently the Amicus order didn't ship, after all. The package that arrived today was just Sledgehammer, Murderlust and my mystery DVD, $hopping.

Katatonia likes this.
  19. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

They shipped one of my Black Friday discounted titles today that I had ordered along with the Amicus set + book bundle... so they must just be shipping everything else because of the delay.

20. zbinks

https://www.facebook.com/severinfil...264516.139375155037/10159835653270038/?type=3

Katatonia likes this.