Synapse Films: Titles Coming Soon!

Discussion in 'General' started by Shawn Francis, Dec 29, 2010.

1. MisterTwister

MisterTwister The Schlock King

What's so homosexual about it?

chancetx likes this.
  2. delicreep

delicreep Active Member

'Gay' as a pejorative? Junior High flashback!

3. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

I have nothing against people who are gay (I actually talk highly of them and their right to love just like any other couple), just common lingo over here that doesn't affect anyone I know as we're all adults and don't care much for political correctness.
    Glad to see people here still get hung up on this stuff that it's the only thing about my post they care to point out or talk about *rolls eyes*

4. MisterTwister

MisterTwister The Schlock King

I'm not hung up about it, I just haven't heard someone use it in that way in forever. Carry on ZD.

5. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

6. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

Here are the details in case anyone else is currently at work and blocked from accessing the synapse-films.com website.

https://www.facebook.com/synapsefilms/posts/1181157241912279

Angelman likes this.
  7. crikan

crikan Well-Known Member

Any mentions of what features will be dropped for the regular release?

The DEMONS steelbooks are still available. Anyone think this TENEBRE steelbook will sell out quickly?

8. Angelman

Angelman OCD Blu Ray Collector

On FB they said no other "regular" or amaray releases are planned... That could change but that was what was said.

9. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

I could be wrong, but I believe they said that about the Demons steenboks as well.

Steel76 and zbinks like this.
  10. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

Given how they handled the standard releases for Demons and Demons 2, I suspect it'll be about a year before we hear anything about standard releases, and I would anticipate such a release to lose:

• Audio commentary track featuring film critic and Argento scholar, Maitland McDonagh
    • Booklet containing liner notes by Derek Botelho, author of THE ARGENTO SYNDROME, with additional technical notes by Vincent Pereira and Don May, Jr.
    • Rare high-definition 1080p English sequence insert shots, playable within the film via seamless branching
    • Feature-length in-depth documentary, YELLOW FEVER: THE RISE AND FALL OF THE GIALLO by High Rising Productions, chronicling the giallo film genre from its beginnings as early 20th century crime fiction, to its later influences on the modern slasher film genre. Featuring interviews with Dario Argento, Umberto Lenzi, Luigi Cozzi, Lamberto Bava, Richard Stanley, and more!
    • Original UNSANE (U.S. version of TENEBRAE) end credits sequence
    • Alternate opening credits sequence
    • Japanese SHADOW theatrical trailer
    • BONUS COMPACT DISC (19 Tracks) featuring an all-new 2015 remaster of the TENEBRAE motion picture soundtrack, containing additional tracks not included on the original 1982 album.
    • DTS-HD MA Italian 2.0 Mono

11. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

I think it comes from the fact that you equate being gay with being lame, when being gay is actually awesome! ;-p

I'm not offended personally, but since you're not gay you can't exactly make the claim that it's not an offensive term.

That's probably why people will give you shit over it.

But anyway wtf another online only release? With shipping and the exchange this comes to $65 CAD. WHAT THE FUCK.

~Matt

12. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

I would be inclined to agree with you there. I preordered this puppy the second I got the link.

13. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

I already own two different blu-rays for this title and can't see paying $46.00 for a third.

14. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

Considering the word means happy by classic definition I can't see why people would get offended unless it was used in derogative way. Somehow slang has turned its meaning to lame somewhere down the line and I don't mind using it as it has a satisfying ring to it lol.
    I'm glad I haven't offended you :) As I said I'm all for people to be happy with whichever sex they choose.

And yes, speaking of this release it seems quite overpriced. I only have Tenebre on DVD so maybe I'll wait for a review and toss up whether I should spend the money on this or just get Arrows release.

15. f.ramses

f.ramses sociopath

Just like with Demons and Demons 2 I can't bring myself to pay their high price and I know I won't want the standard release, if there even is one, because of their mention of “steelbook exclusive” content. I could see dropping the DVD and the CD for a regular edition but removing anything from the BD itself like with Demons and Demons 2 is a dick move that will turn me off from buying it just like last time.
    I am curious about this release and I'm sure they did a great job on it though. Did they wind up working on the same transfer as Wild Side like they said a while back or did they eventually get what they wanted and do their own transfer?

edit: Answering my own question, this is not a new transfer; see: http://www.fangoria.com/new/exclusi...napses-blu-raydvd-of-dario-argentos-tenebrae/

Last edited: Jan 28, 2016
    Myron Breck and Zombie Dude like this.
  16. delicreep

delicreep Active Member

Still, this is a Don May, Jr.-supervised restoration, which is always worth consideration.

17. f.ramses

f.ramses sociopath

That's part of the reason why I am so curious about how this one turns out. You've got Synapse, who is definitely one of the better labels out there, doing work on a transfer that was used for a BD that I own and was fairly impressed by, but it is the fact that I already own the other BD combined with the price of this one that keeps me away.

Zombie Dude likes this.
  18. DVD-fanatic-9

DVD-fanatic-9 And the Next Morning, When the Campers Woke Up...

No way out of paying $40 for a useless Blu-Ray just to get that DVD copy, eh?

Well... at least it'll be here sooner than Monster Dog.

19. delicreep

delicreep Active Member

Which is understandable. I'm not region-free at present so I am jumping from the Anchor Bay DVD to the Synapse blu...when I have the cash.

gobad2003 likes this.
  20. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

I went from the AB DVD to Arrow's region free blu-ray and I was kinda underwhelmed with the PQ. Decent extras though and I paid under $20 for it. I know I have a friend who will probably buy it off me for like $10. I can't wait for this.