The next remake: Stephen King's IT

Discussion in 'General' started by Workshed, Jun 7, 2006.

1. Workshed

Workshed A Barge Person

But wait!

[​IMG]

http://bloody-disgusting.com/home-v...exclusive-lenticular-packaging-bonus-goodies/

fceurich39 likes this.
  2. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

Probably gonna get the Target edition!

3. Erick H.

Erick H. Well-Known Member

I finally caught IT at a local drafthouse over the holiday weekend (doubled it with HAPPY DEATH DAY) and found it to be a very solid adaptation (of half the book anyway).

4. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

Anyone getting IT on bluray DVD tuesday? Target edition it is for me also gonna get Friend Request on DVD.

5. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

Well the director said the DC will still be released in a few months so I was going to wait and see what that release has (hopefully both cuts and 4K).
    I'm not holding my breath though as it's a Warner release and they've been doing odd things in the past like only giving people the theatrical cut of BvS on blu with the 4K edition of the Ultimate cut. I had to buy the blu separately and swap out the discs which was annoying.
    I feel like a similar situation will happen here when the directors cut comes out. If it's a better overall cut I'll just stick with that.

f.ramses and fceurich39 like this.
  6. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

I'm going to wait it out as well. I loved the movie, but I can wait to pick it up until i know more about this rumored extended cut.

Zombie Dude likes this.
  7. f.ramses

f.ramses sociopath

Knowing that an extended cut is coming makes the current BD look pretty pointless. Even if the extended version winds up being like my The Da Vinci Code extended edition BD where you only get the extended cut it still just seems like a better idea to wait on this one.

Zombie Dude likes this.
  8. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

As much as I'd love to own this now, not in the double dipping mood.

In fact, I'll probably go as far as to wait until the sequel is on blu-ray, just to see if they do anything with the pair.

9. Workshed

Workshed A Barge Person

10. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I told myself I was going to wait for the potential director's cut, but the blu-ray is currently $9.99 at both Best Buy and Target this week. I picked it up this morning.

Also, it said the Director's Cut is 15 minutes longer, and the deleted scenes on the current blu-ray happen to run 15 minutes. I wonder if it's the same footage?

Haven't heard much about it since, so who knows if it'll actually happen.

11. Zombie Dude

Yeah I don't know what's going on with this Director's Cut. It's not the first time a director has promised a different cut hitting blu/DVD and then it never coming to fruition. One that pops to mind was Piranha.

12. ImmortalSlasher

ImmortalSlasher Well-Known Member

I watched this recently. It was darker than I expected. But I'm looking forward to the sequel, watching the original mini series, and reading the book. The only thing I didn't like about the movie were some of the darker things going on with one of the characters and also the level of hostility of the mean kids. That was a bit too much. The movie almost felt like a horror version of Goonies. The clown is a great villian too. It's almost a perfect movie except for those bits that bothered me to the point where I wouldn't show it to young kids. Which is the strange part because you would think a movie staring kids should be for kids. But I just felt the movie could have been better without those aspects and I would probably put it in my collection then.

13. Steel76

Steel76 Well-Known Member

It's an R-rated horror movie, based on a horror novel by Stephen King. So I don't know how you expected it to be a kids movie? ;)

Zombie Dude likes this.
  14. Zombie Dude

Yeah that's what I was thinking. I mean I was pretty puzzled by that comment. Because kids star in a movie it has to be for kids? The violence was one of the reasons I loved this so much. Gotta love bloody, scary clowns.

Steel76 likes this.
  15. Steel76

Steel76 Well-Known Member

Yeah, that opening scene, when Pennywise bites off the arm, I knew this movie wasn't going to chicken out on the violence :D

Zombie Dude likes this.
  16. ImmortalSlasher

See the only thing I knew about the movie going in was that it had a scary clown and kids. Also that the original was a TV mini series. I was surprised by those dark elements and didn't expect them.

I don't think I've seen that many Stephen King movies. I think he played a goofy type character in Creepshow but I never finished that movie. The Mist movie was dark. But the TV show kind of silly or just bad, I can't remember. Under the Dome was equally bad and I only remember the pretty redhead from that one. I want to see Dark Tower and read the books as people always seem to have good things to say about those. I think Haven on Syfy was from him. I still need to finish the last few seasons. Also the movie with the crazy lady who kidnaps a guy and keeps him chained to a bed. I saw parts of that.

17. Myron Breck

Myron Breck BOO!!! Gotcha!

That explains a lot about your previous post. You have a LOT of catching up to do, my friend! :D Just keep in mind that the cliche about "the book was so much better than the movie" is exponentially more true with King's works and their adaptations. There are ton of bad movies, but they are almost always fun, however SKIP THE DARK TOWER MOVIE COMPLETELY.

othervoice1 likes this.
  18. Workshed

Workshed A Barge Person

You should definitely finish CREEPSHOW, for Satan’s sake, man!

Steel76 likes this.
  19. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Then maybe you won't be ready for the TV mini series from 1990, because that wasn't any light fair. The stuff from the "mean kids" added racial attacks that the Rated R movie shied away from. Was actually pretty edgy considering that was on a major TV network.

20. ImmortalSlasher

I stopped because it was kind of boring. I thought Part 2 was ok though.