Upcoming Shout Factory releases

Discussion in 'General' started by Cujo108, Dec 19, 2009.

1. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

Got The Blob today at my local record store in Snowy conditions.

Katatonia likes this.
  2. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

satans-sadists likes this.
  3. chancetx

chancetx Well-Known Member

More titles going out of print next year (I don't know how to link directly to the Facebook post but it's on their page.)

*OUT-OF-PRINT SOON ALERT*

Some good things do have to come to an end unfortunately. Please take note that the following Scream Factory Blu-ray releases will be going out of print next year as our rights are expiring on them. If you haven’t picked them up already, now’s your last chance!

- BLOOD AND LACE
    - CURSE, THE / CURSE II: THE BITE double feature
    - DARK HALF, THE
    - DEMENTED
    - DOLLS
    - HOUSE WHERE EVIL DWELLS, THE / GHOST WARRIOR double feature
    - JEEPERS CREEPERS
    - JEEPERS CREEPERS 2
    - LADY IN WHITE, THE
    - LORD OF ILLUSIONS
    - MILLENNIUM / R.O.T.O.R. double feature
    - MONKEY SHINES
    - MURDERS IN THE RUE MORGUE / THE DUNWICH HORROR double feature
    - NEST, THE
    - PUMPKINHEAD II
    - SONNY BOY
    - SPECIES II
    - SPECIES III / SPECIES: THE AWAKENING double feature
    - SQUIRM

Please understand that we always try to inform you guys (like we have before in the past) if a title if going out of print. However sometimes we can’t always communicate it as we’d like due to a few factors that can come up that we can’t share to the public.

Order now @ https://www.shoutfactory.com/shop or other fine online retailers while they are still in stock!

https://www.facebook.com/ScreamFact...xrnirYMqs7xYYLluGNoncnlSuIsT-XBNLxAf-1ChWn0io

4. fceurich39

Whew just recently got Lord of illusions with slip still.

5. gobad2003

gobad2003 Active Member

^^^Thank God I have most of these from this round of OOP's, I just need to grab a couple to fill in the gaps. These announcements are really starting to kill my wallet :eek:

6. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I'm only missing Millennium / ROTOR and Rue Morgue / Dunwich, neither of which I'm interested in owning to be honest.

7. CPT HOOK

**NEW TITLE ANNOUNCEMENT**

Happy Halloween everyone! It may be Oct 31st but we have April 1st on our minds today as we reveal that we are preparing a Collector's Edition for Fred Walton's clever slasher 1986 film APRIL FOOL'S DAY for a Blu-ray release next Spring. No joke!

Look for for more details before the end of the year including pre-order pages.

Have a fun and safe day. <3

8. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Not the movies themselves. But how's Shout's Jeepers Creepers releases?

I own the MGM double feature Blu release. Is it worth the upgrade? The PQ?

Last edited: Oct 31, 2019
  9. CPT HOOK

Caps-a-holic has comparisons: https://caps-a-holic.com/c.php?d1=8158&d2=8166&c=3308

As for the new extras, they're decent, but I wish they had gotten Long and Phillips for on-camera interviews, considering they already had them for a new commentary.

Also, I had to cringe when Salva mentioned showing the movie to his good buddy Bryan Singer.

Zombie Dude and baggio like this.
  10. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Looks like the MGM is "darker" but all the detail is there. And both versions have very similar size and bitrate. Now when I look at Jeepers 2. Shout has a big difference in those categories. Yet the image looks exactly the same. :confused:

11. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

12. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

fceurich39 likes this.
  13. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

***NEW TITLE ANNOUNCEMENT***

The legendary Christopher Lee headlines yet another shocker in in the Hammer Films roster: RASPUTIN THE MAD MONK- Coming to Blu-ray in North America for the first time on February 18th!

In Czarist Russia, Rasputin (Lee), a peasant monk, mysteriously demonstrates his healing powers by saving a woman's life and asking only for wine and a Bacchanalian celebration in return. But soon Rasputin uses his evil charm and powers to become increasingly manipulative and violent. Ferocious, devious and other-worldly, this uncouth peasant ingratiates himself bit by bit into the lives of the sophisticated royal class ..

Extras to be announced on a later date. Pre-order now @ https://www.shoutfactory.com/product/rasputin-the-mad-monk…

[​IMG]

And we have one more title from Hammer Films to announce today as well: The Sci-fi 50s cult classic X: THE UNKNOWN is rising to Blu-ray in North America for the first time on Feb 18th!

Can anything escape this terror? British commandos on maneuvers become ill with mysterious symptoms and horrific burns. Dr. Adam Royston (Dean Jagger), an atomic scientist from a nearby research station, suspects lethal radiation...but is mystified by the cause. At a nearby hospital, the phenomenon reappears and engulfs more innocent people, including a hospital orderly whose skin melts away from his body! Dr. Royston speculates that the unknown is on a quest to absorb radiation and expand in size and range as it claims more and more victims. As time runs short, he becomes desperate to trap the entity before its power overcomes mankind!

Extras to be announced on a later date. Pre-order now @ https://www.shoutfactory.com/product/x-the-unknown…

[​IMG]

Matt Dillon gives a chilling and multi-layered performance as a serial killer in Lars von Trier's THE HOUSE THAT JACK BUILT--Coming to Blu-ray and DVD in the U.S. on February 4th,

In five audacious episodes, failed architect and arch-sociopath Jack (Dillon) recounts the elaborately orchestrated murders — each, as he views them, as a towering work of art — that define his "career" as a serial killer. Mixing pitch-black humor, transcendent surrealism, and renegade musings on everything from history to architecture to cinema itself, von Trier fashions a radical, blazingly personal inquiry into violence, art, and the twin acts of creation and destruction. From IFC Films. Uma Thurman, Riley Keough, and Bruno Ganz co-star.

Pre-order now @ https://www.shoutfactory.com/…/the-house-that-jack-built-di…

[​IMG]

14. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Well-Known Member

Extras for American Me:

https://www.shoutfactory.com/product/american-me?product_id=7137

"NEW “A Look Back At American Me With The Inmates Of Folsom Prison” – Brand-New Interviews With Co-Stars Danny De La Paz, Daniel Villarreal, And Pepe Serna
    • Archival Featurette: “Lives in Hazard”
    • Theatrical Trailer"

Extras for Candy:

https://www.shoutfactory.com/product/candy?product_id=7247

"Audio Commentary With Director Neil Armfield And Writer Luke Davies
    • Candy – The Path To Wild Abandon Featurette
    • Writing On The Wall – Candy's Poem In Motion
    • Theatrical Trailer"

And the next February 2020 announcement....Pet Sematary II!!!

https://www.shoutfactory.com/product/pet-sematary-two-collector-s-edition?product_id=7297

15. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

16. fceurich39

17. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

***MY BLOODY VALENTINE Update***

Harry Warden is back! Our hearts are pumping with excitement as we can finally present a new update on our upcoming Blu-ray release of the 1981 original classic slasher. Read on for all the details:

• National street date for North America (Region A) is February 4th.

• This is being presented as a 2-Disc Collector’s Edition and will come guaranteed with a slipcover in its first three months of release.

• The newly commissioned artwork you see pictured comes to us from artist Joel Robinson This art will be front-facing and the reverse side of the wrap will feature the original (and iconic) theatrical artwork.

• New extras and specs are in progress and will be announced on a later date (Dec before the holidays or early Jan) but we can confirm today that we are doing a new transfer of the theatrical and unrated cut of the film!

-------------

We are taking pre-orders now @ https://www.shoutfactory.com/…/my-bloody-valentine-collecto… for a Website Exclusive Deluxe Offer that includes:

• The Collector’s Edition Blu-ray

•An 18” x 24” rolled poster of the new Joel Robinson Art

• SITE ONLY OFFER: An alternate slipcover and an 18” x 24” rolled poster that showcases a newly-commissioned illustration from artist Laz Marquez

The site offer is limited to 2,000 units. Once they are sold out we then list the Collector’s Edition Blu-ray solo. Other retailers will carry the Blu-ray pre-order links soon in the next couple of months.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Colin, Katatonia, russweiss and 3 others like this.
  18. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Well-Known Member

Extras for the Universal Horror Collection Volume 3:

https://www.shoutfactory.com/product/universal-horror-collection-vol-3?product_id=7258

"DISC ONE: TOWER OF LONDON (1939)

• NEW 2K Scan Of A Fine Grain Print
    • NEW Audio Commentary With Author/Film Historian Steve Haberman
    • Still Gallery
    DISC TWO: MAN MADE MONSTER (1941)

• NEW Audio Commentary With Author/Film Historian Tom Weaver And Filmmaker/Film Historian Constantine Nasr
    • Still Gallery
    DISC THREE: THE BLACK CAT (1941)

• NEW Audio Commentary With Author/Film Historian Gary D. Rhodes
    • Theatrical Trailer
    • Still Gallery
    DISC FOUR: HORROR ISLAND (1941)

• NEW Audio Commentary By Filmmaker/Film Historian Ted Newsom
    • Theatrical Trailer
    • Still Gallery"

and coming soon; The Nightingale:

https://www.shoutfactory.com/product/the-nightingale?product_id=7288

19. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

I assume it probably uses the same master that the Umbrella Entertainment Blu-Ray used, a 4K transfer of a release print. Release prints are usually at least three generations away from the OCN (OCN > IP > IN > Release Print). That's also probably why it looks a little extra contrast-y.

20. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Oh cool. They mentioned Tower of London on the Frankenstein extras in the Karloff focus feature. It's one of his better roles but I don't remember it at all so I was going to watch that soon.

Black Cat is another good Bela Lugosi role although he's barely in it too. But the way he fusses over the cats I think the pet lover in him really came out here. And Gale Sondergaard who's great in everything.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2019