Upcoming Shout Factory releases

Discussion in 'General' started by Cujo108, Dec 19, 2009.

1. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Well, I just got my pre-order in for it at Shout. The website "crashed" right after I clicked on submit the order or whatever. My card showed the authorization charge, but it took me a few more minutes to get back into my Shout account to check...but the order is there now, so it's all done. I still have yet to receive a confirmation email from Shout though.

$172.74 with tax, ugh. o_O Oh well, at least it's better than coming up with the money in October, when money is often tight during the Halloween release season.

But yeah... it's F13 and I definitely don't want to mess around or miss out on this. And with things like they are, who knows how even Amazon or some other retailer would be with actually getting this or not screwing up their stock. I don't particularly love ordering from Shout anymore, but I made an exception for this.

The set is 13,000 total, but by the way Shout's website has crashed and become a turtle... I wonder how long those will last by the time the release date hits.

gobad2003 likes this.
  2. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

It took me about 45 minutes to get through the checkout process, so not quite Severin-level. I'm definitely not taking a chance on Amazon fulfillment for a title like this.

I wouldn't be surprised if they call a Nightbreed-esque audible on the number of units being produced, but I also wouldn't be surprised if they simply do standalone releases and/or a secondary boxset for 1 - X, only, seeing as they don't seem to have done anything for FvJ or the remake.

3. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

So glad that I'm not a big F13 fan. Saving some money here

X-human likes this.
  4. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

I always said I'd buy a F13 set automatically if it included a real 3D disc for F13 3D.

Pre-ordered.

gobad2003 likes this.
  5. m@ggot

m@ggot Active Member

They've upped the number of sets with posters to 7000

6. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Are the weirdos in the Shout shipping department still shipping posters Media Mail?

I don't want to play that game.

7. Cooperkill

Cooperkill Active Member

Just ordered the Friday set. I thought it would cost more, actually, but it's only $13 per movie. And Part 3 in actual 3-D? Sold!

8. Katatonia

Yeah, just saw the increase posted on Facebook.

So I guess that leaves 6,000 that will be available in the retail market?

9. Myron Breck

Myron Breck Boom Shanka

Is there anything missing on this new set, things that were in previous DVD/blu sets? It looks like they're not done announcing content, so I'm probably jumping the gun here, but I wouldn't mind getting rid of my "Crystal Lake to Manhattan" DVD set to make some space for this.

10. Katatonia

I think it looks like it's all pretty much there, at least as far as the actual F13 sets go. The "missing" commentaries from the old "Crystal Lake to Manhattan" DVD set appear to be back, so like you I can hopefully part with that set.

...and since it shows "Additional extras in progress and will be announced at a later date." we'll certainly see even more.

Myron Breck likes this.
  11. f.ramses

f.ramses sociopath

Looks like a nice set but it's an easy pass for me since I already have the old one and a BD-R of the unrated version of Jason Goes to Hell. Maybe when there's a UHD set I'll consider that though.

12. Natas

Natas Is it October yet?

175 is outrageous, but looks like a gorgeous set

Mutilated Prey likes this.
  13. Colin

Colin Well-Known Member

Pre-ordered mine. I'm a huge F13th fan, so this was a no brainier. It would have been nice - if not a bit far fetched - if we got the uncut version of part 7, but beggars can't be choosers.

Mutilated Prey likes this.
  14. fattyjoe37

fattyjoe37 Well-Known Member

From what's listed here I'm pretty sure I spotted everything included in the From Crystal Lake to Manhattan DVD set as well as the Blu-ray tin. Only big thing missing is anything from the Blu-ray releases of Crystal Lake Memories and DVD of His Name Was Jason (which was basically made redundant anyway by CLM), but I never expected that stuff.

15. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

That alone speaks volumes on how high this first wave of orders are. While they can probably put together a cheaper set to quickly follow up, with that many poster sets, I wouldn't be surprised if the number of total sets may increase too.

But I'm glad they up'ed the count. Too often we see limited editions sell out in minutes if not seconds when realistically many more could be made and sold pleasing all the more fans. And when you produce these products in sufficient numbers it prevents scalpers which only puts more copies in more hands at fair prices.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2020
  16. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

So Diabolikdvd wants $70 to ship this to Australia which is ludicrously high. I know the Halloween set didn't cost me anywhere near that amount through Amazon. Normally I'd order through Amazon but they aren't shipping outside of the US since Covid started. Not sure how to go about getting this...

17. Katatonia

I checked the online USPS calculator to Australia, and just guessing the packed set would weigh between 3-4 pounds in a foot-square box ... the postage would be $67 for 1st Class International or $69 for Priority Mail International, so Diabolik aren't far off from what it would cost them to ship it through the USPS.

18. Zombie Dude

Just ordered on TCM: https://shop.tcm.com/friday-the-13th-collection/826663209419

Really good price and shipping was only $20. Much more reasonable. Now I just hope they're not one of those places that cancels orders.

19. Katatonia

I've only heard of TCM cancelling orders if it's a pricing error (like the Halloween Blu-ray set was like $20 on there years ago) or if they can't get any stock in for some reason.

20. Zombie Dude

Well now to hope it gets to me in one piece. But I've got it ordered!

Shame they couldn't do new transfers for all of them, but I'm glad the first 4 and getting fresh new ones. Also, will the remake have the Killer Cut? Noticed it was one disc and Shout like to do a disc for each cut....