Upcoming Shout Factory releases

Discussion in 'General' started by Cujo108, Dec 19, 2009.

1. wago70

wago70 Surviving on nostalgia

San Francisco - down by them two ol' sheds
    This is the ONLY way I’ll be seeing the remake. I’m glad they increased the number to get posters.

2. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

Oh I don't love it, but if I'm going to watch it I'd rather it be the version with more tits.

3. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

Glad you guys are all excited but it's an easy pass for me. I'd like part 3 in 3D and the unrated Jason goes to hell and Jason x on blue but that's it. Not gonna pay that price for these.

I'll stick to my paramount release.

loutoad23 and rxfiend like this.
  4. SpaceAce

SpaceAce Active Member

Preordered. Part 3 in 3D seals it for me. Looks like a nice set overall.

5. Zombie Dude

Yeah, on one hand I'm not going to get a lot out of some of these films as they're not my favorite, but I'm also a sucker for a nice looking box set and this one will go nicely next to my Halloween collection from them.

Would have been nice to get a new transfer for 6 as well though.

6. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

I'm psyched this is happening, but I'm not paying all that extra money for a new poster and lithograph. Really don't care about that stuff. TCM is already at $114 which I'll gladly pay $6 shipping on top to save $40 and get no "artwork". Any chance this will be on Amazon for under $100? I would imagine so.

Zombie Dude likes this.
  7. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

Obviously getting this. I’m fine with only the first 4 and JGTH getting new scans, as parts 5-8 already looked pretty good and now that they’ll be on their own respective discs, that should help the compression even more.

They’ll have this at my local shop so I’ll grab it on release day.

~Matt

8. Myron Breck

Myron Breck Boom Shanka

That's a wise choice for someone like you. I know a lot of people bought the entire Halloween Collection to get the Producer's Cut of 6...then it was released separately. I'm sure they'll do the same here for 3 at the very least.

9. Zombie Dude

On the other hand though, these sets seem to be quite valuable once they're OOP. So you could always sell it off for a pretty penny down the line if the film you're after gets a separate release.

10. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Well-Known Member

I wasn't going to miss this chance so I pre-ordered the second I found out this afternoon!

You're looking at one of the original 1,313 customers who bought this with the lithographs. The good news though is now the number has been raised to 7,000 so now you have another chance to get them if you haven't already.

Shame FVJ isn't getting new material (...yet) but I'm not going to complain and judging by the disc art, it seems we're getting the original 2009 release. I ask Scream to use instead the 2013 release (in the original box set and the F13 '09 double feature) because that has a 6.1 DTS-HD soundtrack as opposed to the original release's 5.1 Dolby TrueHD.

I also suggested they include the rare 1997 ShoWest trailer (there's still time you know).

I'm still keeping the 2013 set. That was the best thing that came out of the 3-year Warner/Paramount deal to me.

gobad2003 and Zombie Dude like this.
  11. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Alright. Pulled the trigger. Pre-ordered it at TCM Shop. I never bought anything from this online store before so I hope they are reputable and ship properly. Used Paypal, not giving them my Credit Card info.

$117.71 Total(tax, shipping) ... (using coupon) out the door.

Still kinda aggravated I had to double dip here, as I own the 2013 set. But I only paid $70 for that, so it ain't that bad. I'll hang on to that set as well.

What's the over/under that this Shout set has a replacement program? :eek:

Last edited: Jul 14, 2020
  12. Stige

Stige Well-Known Member

So some New commentaries , a few new featurettes , and possibly better transfers for some of the films.... buying to Norway will cost me around 250-300 usd. ( final sum)
    How quick would this sell out realistically?

13. Kim Bruun

Kim Bruun Resident Scream Queen

I couldn't pass it up. It set me back just short of 260 USD shipped to Denmark, but for that price, I also got two other Scream Factory releases. I like the first 6 the best, and I have a soft spot for Jason Goes to Hell, so JGtH unrated and new transfers of the first four? I'd hate to miss out on that. Oh, and I dig the art on the box.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2020
    Zombie Dude and gobad2003 like this.
  14. Stige

Stige Well-Known Member

the usd /nok exhange rate is horrible , and thanks to new government ruling I'd have to pay 299 kr in addition . To think a half a year ago I wouldn,t have hesitated...

15. wago70

:D:D:D too funny.
    I've never seen it - just a snip on cable.
    About this set - now that I'm going to own Friday the 13th movies I've deemed NON ESSENTIAL (Part 8, Final Friday and so forth), the completist in me now regrets not buying the HALLOWEEN set. Okay, lemme stop. Now about that Second Sight DAWN OF THE DEAD. I'm still not sure if I should preorder it. What if a USA company brings something amazing to the table??????

Zombie Dude likes this.
  16. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

TCM's online shop is, if I'm not mistaken, one of many online storefronts that is managed by Super D (DeepDiscount, DVDPlanet, ImportCDs, etc.). I think they also fulfill the online CD/DVD/Blu-Ray orders for Best Buy and Wal-Mart and probably a whole slew of others. I personally wouldn't count on them for any limited edition items.

baggio and Mutilated Prey like this.
  17. wago70

In perfect world: PART 2 (1981) would have all the special effects re-instated. just a dream. that's all.

18. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Considering they're giving each cut its own disc, it's pretty much safe to say it's not happening. If at all, we might get the scenes as a bonus feature in standard definition workprint quality.

19. wago70

Oh I know. I think an embarrassed (at the time) studio made sure all the excised effects were destroyed due to the mainstream criticism at the time. I have the strangest feeling Paramount listened to Siskel and Ebert and just went nitro.

20. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

Yeah, I'm going to hold out for Amazon, Bull Moose, etc. or wait for a straight from Shout! lesser model (sans posters).

TCM just upped their price to $127.98, so kudos to those of you that got in at $114. Hopefully, all works out!