Upcoming Shout Factory releases

Discussion in 'General' started by Cujo108, Dec 19, 2009.

1. Cooperkill

Cooperkill Active Member

Hopefully they don't think adding something like Version 2 of Part 5 will be a big deal. Yeah, it's a different version of the film, but it also loses violence and nudity. I also believe there's a Version 2 of Part 4, which is the same thing. Deleted scenes are inserted, but violence and nudity are gone. I'm hoping it's more than that, but this is total speculation.

You're probably all aware of what I mean, but this details Version 2 of Part 5 more: https://www.movie-censorship.com/report.php?ID=681981

Kim Bruun and Zombie Dude like this.
  2. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

Indeed, And from my humble perspective It's only shout factory who 'love' interviews!!!!!!

Zombie Dude likes this.
  3. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Maybe it's that Camp Crystal Memories Documentary. But that thing was 4 Blu disc, Over 6 hours long if I remember correctly. That would be a big deal to include imo.

4. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

If you don't already have them maybe. But it's there use of the word 'love', for me that means extra special and at this point the only thing that would be extra special is unrated footage. Everything else is a nice or OK at most.

baggio likes this.
  5. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

The original release was 4 discs total, but it was only 2 Blu-rays and 2 DVD's (Combo) - and the content was exactly the same between the Blu-rays and DVD's.

There was also a "Bonus DVD" (5th disc) if you ordered the Dark Delicacies signed one or ordered it direct.

baggio likes this.
  6. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

**SURPRISE NEW TITLE ANNOUNCEMENTS – IN STOCK NOW!**

We’re going to back into our deep Roger Corman-produced vaults to gauge the appetite for more of his wild (and more obscure) films on Blu-ray. Today we present three grindhouse cult favorites that will only be available on our site at Shoutfactory.com and only 1,000 each will be manufactured. They’re in stock and ready to ship now! Limit 5 per person.

Order CAGED HEAT & JACKSON COUNTY JAIL double feature @ https://www.shoutfactory.com/…/caged-heat-jackson-county-ja…

Order STREETWALKIN’ @ https://www.shoutfactory.com/product/streetwalkin…

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Nailwraps, baggio, gobad2003 and 2 others like this.
  7. Katatonia

^^ Limit 5 per person.

Shout doesn't encourage scalping. Oh no, never. o_Oo_Oo_O

Steel76, Matt89, baggio and 4 others like this.
  8. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

Lol, I know right!

It still bugs me that they region lock everything.

Steel76, hots4 and Katatonia like this.
  9. ImmortalSlasher

ImmortalSlasher Well-Known Member

I hate many of these limited run type sites that talk about things selling out but allowing scalpers to buy multiple copies to put up on ebay.

Steel76, Katatonia and Zombie Dude like this.
  10. Katatonia

Yeah, exactly. If it were 2 per customer, that's fine. I sometimes buy an extra copy for a friend, or if it's a favorite movie sometimes even buy a spare and perhaps choose to just sell/trade it off later on. But 5 per customer?!? Who in the hell would possible need 5 of these if your aim wasn't to scalp?

"Oh hell yeah, gotta get my 5 copies of Streetwalkin'. One for the master bathroom, one for the kitchen, one for the living room, and one for the office. Oh wait... can't get away without having a spare in the nursery room too!" :oops:

Steel76, baggio, gobad2003 and 2 others like this.
  11. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Correct. 5 copies of one title limit is bizarre. It's a purposely designed marketing gimmick to scare people into buying the product on the fear it will go out of stock. Meanwhile, signalling scalpers and enticing new scalpers to be born.

Zombie Dude and Katatonia like this.
  12. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

They don’t have much of a choice when it comes to region locking, as that is up to the rightsholders, so you can’t really hold that against them. However, the 5-copy “limit” is total bs. No wonder the Friday set with the lithograph sold out so fast.

~Matt

Katatonia likes this.
  13. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Just remembered Shout re released the Deathstalker I/II double feature. There printed more after the first exclusive limited 1,000 unit run.

Currently says: Special Offer: This ShoutFactory com Exclusive is limited to 1,000 units.

Errr, no it isn't. :confused:

Mutilated Prey likes this.
  14. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

And at 5 a pop that's what 200 people who potentially could just get an order in? These surprise limited editions are really grating on me.

Still it's tempting but I haven't even gotten around to watching the DVDs I have of these so I'll ultimately pass.

15. Zombie Dude

I don't think that's true. Shout locks everything to my knowledge and I'm willing to bet a kidney that's not out of their hands. They are probably just too lazy to figure out how to do it a different way. Just like how they can't do seamless branching so they just add another disc of a movie that only has a minute difference between cuts.

16. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

I don't agree. Other US companies release region free content, vinegar syndrome, severin and synapse to name a few.

Shout NEVER release region free content, I can't imagine they have always been unlucky and tied to it by rights owners. I believe it's just part of their business model.

Zombie Dude likes this.
  17. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

Well ordinarily you buy the rights to release a film in a certain territory and thus ONLY have the rights for that territory. The titles Arrow licenses from studios like MGM, Universal, etc are also region locked and the ones that aren’t are because Arrow has both a UK and North American branch. It’s possible that SF is more strict but Kino also locks all their discs to region A so there are other studios doing this as well. Synapse and VS might just have dual-territory rights as well, but many of the titles SF releases in the US/Canada are put out by multiple UK distributors so that leads me to believe it’s a rightsholders thing.

Regardless (and this isn’t towards you specifically) - how are people not still region free at this point? The cost of a region-free player is now more or less the same price as a standard blu-ray player. I got a modded Sony for less than 100 bucks and I’ve had it for years. It’s just not nearly as cost-prohibitive as it used to be and when you have to import these titles anyway you may as well be region-free.

SF is reason enough to go region-free IMO. If you’re a fan of cult/horror (aka everyone here lol) they absolutely have the best catalogue of titles. And their mastering and compression have also gotten a lot better over the years.

~Matt

18. Zombie Dude

And I don't know about all Vinegar Syndrome releases, but with the Amityville set you can easily bypass the region lock screen. I wish more companies that had to release certain titles locked would take this approach.

Oh and I am region free, but it gets annoying to have to switch players to play certain content and unlike my xbox, I can't use headphones which means in my current living situation (a small bungalow) if my wife has gone to bed I can't watch any of my region A titles.

hots4 likes this.
  19. Katatonia

20. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

I'm region free but it is still annoying for example my region free player isn't 3D compatible so I can't play those when Region A encoded. I'm not buying another player just to play 3 discs currently.

Zombie Dude likes this.