Upcoming Shout Factory releases

Discussion in 'General' started by Cujo108, Dec 19, 2009.

1. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

I received my Collection today from TCM. All the discs, were in order and no duplicates. No damage to collection out box. I haven't opened the package to inspect each disk yet.

But.... there's an ever so slight cut across a couple of spines. Apparently my box was at the top during the shipment to TCM. So it got "slashed" when opening. Luckily, like I said, the wrapper is slashed, but a tiny thin line on about 4 disc spines. The plastic, not the artwork cover themselves. So to be a perfectionist I can either ask for a replacement or get new Blu cases. When I open all of them, and if there are scratches(on disk), I will ask for a complete replacement.

Edit: Spines, not binds

Last edited: Oct 20, 2020
  2. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

I had a about 8 titles in my cart the other day. Then after thinking about how Shout was screwing things up with Friday 13th. I second guessed it. Now half of my order is sold out, I think I'll just pass this go around altogether. Sure some deals there, but the titles weren't "must haves" for me. There will always be another day.

chancetx and Mutilated Prey like this.
  3. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

I sent an email to Shout! last Tuesday, and still have not gotten a reply.

Christy likes this.
  4. Christy

Christy Active Member

Mutilated Prey likes this.
  5. Gore Lunatic

Gore Lunatic Violenza Carnale

I ordered the Friday set through Amazon and for some odd reason my order was listed as "undeliverable" and I was refunded the total amount. Never had that happen before. Maybe it was a blessing in disguise with everything going on with that set. I still plan on buying the set but I'm gonna now wait 'till around mid-November when the replacement discs are suppose to be shipped. I'll order it straight from Shout and hopefully they just include the new discs along with my order. Fingers crossed they don't sell out of the set before I place my order.

6. Mutilated Prey

7. scott71670

scott71670 Well-Known Member

What a lovely post on dreadful circumstances. It was nice to hear someone else is in the time machines. Hope everything still isn't orange in the land of Dead Kennedys and the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence. I am still just viewing my old friday the 13th dvds. Didn't get the blu ray box but I have been following the group excitement over it as an antidote to 2020. I exist in nostalgia as well and I am probably going to rewatch these films soon just for kicks. Besides, Jason is my favorite gay movie hero anyway (bullied as a kid, close with his mom, limited childhood athletic abilities, unaffected by nude cheerleaders, wink wink). Btw the Castro rocks and I still miss the "clone" style. So while I never got overly into the big 80s franchises, you guys here are all certainly giving me a hard sell on a bingewatch.
    Next year I am going to order their blu of Terror in the aisles. It has the tv print on it as an extra. Read a very eerie review that remarked on the film as a useful time capsule of what seeing a movie in an audience was like. Previously other reviews of this film were about the clips mainly, so this fresh take creeped me out.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2020
    dave13 likes this.
  8. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

For what, the replacement program? or something else?

9. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Ok, so I just went through the entire set. Inspected each disc, including the bonus discs. All surface areas were pristine.

But.... there's this weird bubbling on the artwork disc side. Which I've never seen before on any dvd/blu. It's on Part 3. And that's one of the replacement program discs. So I'm good there. I didn't test part 3 in my player or any others yet. I don't think that would have an effect anyway. Just stating what I'm seeing. And then there's some odd looks like pinholes or dent in the ring section on Part 9 (unrated) disc. So, yet again, I'm good there.

[​IMG]

Katatonia likes this.
  10. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

I'd look at getting that replaced again as it could cause the issue to slowly work through to the other side of the disc and damage it.

Steel76, baggio and Christy like this.
  11. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Well-Known Member

12. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Absolutely yes, I would. But like I was saying, Part 3(the one in my picture) is one of the Replacement Plan discs. So I signed up/emailed to that a couple of days ago. Before I even opened the set.

2 of my "physical problem" discs happened to be one of the following:

Replacement Program
    • PART 3 (When viewing in 3D) – First instance of 3D opening credits does not come out of the screen correctly.
    • PART 9: JASON GOES TO HELL (Unrated Cut) – Missing “snapped wrist” gore in an uncut scene.
    • PART 10: JASON X: Missing audio during a scene in the film in which Jason kills camp counselors in a sleeping bag.

13. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Interesting that Ghost Ship PQ is the exact same as the Blu from 11 years ago. According to High-Def Digest. And only three new Interviews in the bonus section.

Funny, this was one of my titles I had in my cart.(Shocktober sale) But decided to bail last minute. Now I'm glad I did.

14. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

I think the commentary is advertised as "NEW", isn't it?

15. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

I don't know. If that's what you heard.

16. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

The scream factory website claims that it's new. I didn't own the dvd though, so I'm just going based on that.

baggio likes this.
  17. Mutilated Prey

My posters had a slight imperfection.

baggio likes this.
  18. Mutilated Prey

Heard back from Shout! today. Happy to report they are making good on my defective posters! Woohoo!

Hi Chris,

Our primary warehouse, which is also our printer, typically rolls our posters with a machine rather than by hand. This has greatly reduced instances of damage, but I'm afraid it still does happen from time to time.

We have replacements for the print materials in our office. Expect these to ship to you next week, and arrive 1-3 weeks after that.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2020
  19. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Last edited: Oct 23, 2020
    Nailwraps likes this.
  20. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

Doesn't surprise me. A cheap cash grab. Put out by a company demanding a premium price. Poor.

Zombie Dude likes this.