Vinegar Syndrome - New Genre Label

Discussion in 'General' started by MorallySound, Sep 12, 2012.

1. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

I don't order directly through them.

2. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

Do you do any trading with any of the members on this forum or perhaps anyone else in the U.S.? Just a thought. Also it couldn't hurt you to ask VS and see what they say. You could always take a photo of the item as proof of purchase.

hots4 and gobad2003 like this.
  3. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

CPT HOOK and Katatonia like this.
  4. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

^ was hoping to squeeze in viewings of Necromancer, Whodunit, Rest In Pieces, and Cemetery Of Terror before Halloween.

That said, this is the perfect excuse for me to leave the Halloween decorations up well into November (as if I needed one).

5. CPT HOOK

I got my shipping notice yesterday, but it looks like they shipped Fed Ex to get it here faster than the usual USPS Media Mail. Mine is scheduled to arrive on Halloween.

I probably won't get a chance to watch these on the day, but that's cool of them to do nonetheless.

6. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Yep, also got my shipment confirmation earlier this morning also shipped via FedEx. It won't be here until 11/3, but at least it'll get here faster than the dreaded postal service right now.

They also sent a "Whoops!" email that the Necromancer release is missing the poster, so would ship on the next package and "coupon codes" would be emailed ahead of the BF sale for those affected by this.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2020
  7. CPT HOOK

HAPPY HALLOWEEN

IMG_20201031_120854.jpg

chancetx and russweiss like this.
  8. Katatonia

My VS subscription package arrived yesterday and I watched Necromancer and Rest in Pieces last night, superb transfers as usual. I'll try and watch a couple more tonight.

I also won a $25 coupon from VS on their social media contest. That's the 3rd contest I've won online this week, I'm on a roll! :D

zbinks, wago70, MorallySound and 5 others like this.
  9. CPT HOOK

Based on the interview with Rene Cardona III on the Cemetery Of Terror disc, it sounds like Vinegar Syndrome also has Vacaciones De Terror (1989).

satans-sadists and X-human like this.
  10. scott71670

scott71670 Well-Known Member

I would agree as I have them both in the old bci dvd set.

11. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

So, I still haven't hit up half of my Halfway to Black Friday pickups, and yes I'll be buying more this month. That said, if you're not a subscriber and looking for a gem you might have missed, I got one for ya:

Deadline

Did you ever think about how so many horror movies have the same plot? There's a group of protagonists, then some evil force or person or whatever takes down our protagonists one by one until it's a hero or heroine left to defeat the evil force. I mean, that describes literally the majority of horror movies when you think about it! Any slasher film, any zombie film, any vampire film. Now, don't get me wrong, so many of my favorite movies follow that plot, and make it interesting and unique enough to work.

That said, Deadline is a film that doesn't follow that formula at all. I literally had no idea where the story was going, how it would be resolved, if it could even be resolved. I didn't know who to root for (the protagonist of Deadline is a VERY unlikeable person, just throwing that out there if that's a dealbreaker for you). It's heartbreaking, it's creepy, it's violent, it's shocking. Now, the production values of the movie are a little rough in some spots, so expect some bad acting and overacting, and not always believable special effects (although that may very well be intentional!). But if you want something that's off the beaten path, this is definitely a film that fits in the category.

I bought a ton of Vinegar Syndrome movies at the May sale, and I'd be lying if I said all of them were as good as I'd expected them to be. Many if not most, had they been a Netflix rental, I'd give them a 3 star rating (sometimes less) and that would be the end of it. In other words, I regret spending the money on owning them vs. just a single viewing. Deadline is not one of those movies though, and it makes the failed blind buys a lot more tolerable. If you don't own this, make sure it's in your shopping cart at the next sale.

SilentScreams and chancetx like this.
  12. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

13. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

Based on a couple of the clues they've been giving over on one of the Facebook groups a couple of the rumoured upcoming VS releases will be SHALLOW GRAVE (1987), DEATH PROMISE (1978) getting a Blu-ray upgrade (my guess is that one would be one of the new VSA titles), and France's batshit crazy DEVIL STORY (1986). These are all unconfirmed but the clues definitely point to them.

X-human likes this.
  14. CPT HOOK

Shallow Grave (1987) is a huge favorite of mine, so that would be a dream come true!

I think they confirmed Death Promise and Devil Story. Also Cthulu Mansion.

MorallySound and X-human like this.
  15. CPT HOOK

Also, I always assumed these Mexican horror movies were filmed in... well, Mexico? Turns out Cemetery Of Terror was filmed in Texas.

For those who like to play with Google Maps, I found the main house from the movie at 441 E Washington St in Brownsville, TX.

[​IMG]

The only scene filmed in Mexico was the lake / water skiing scene early in the movie. When the movie was finished, it came in at 84 minutes and they needed it to be 90 minutes, so they filmed those lake scenes after the fact in Mexico to pad out the running time. Everything else was filmed in Texas.

Kim Bruun and X-human like this.
  16. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

17. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

FYI - The Amityville Cursed Collection was down to about 110 copies last I checked. Not sure how much the price will come down during the Black Friday Sale, but I bet it’ll be gone by the end of it.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2020
    Myron Breck and Zombie Dude like this.
  18. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    SHOP NOW
    Missing a poster in your Necromancer release?
    Our replicator forgot to include the poster when assembling the release. We have stacks of the folded posters on hand and will include a copy with your next order.

There's no need to contact us, we will automatically include the missing poster with your next order (most likely during our upcoming Black Friday sale).

Here's an exclusive $3 coupon: iwantmyposter

Important note: this coupon is tied to your Vinegar Syndrome account associated with this email address. You must be logged in to your account for the coupon to work.

Important note #2: you can only use one coupon code per checkout. If you have multiple codes, you will need to place multiple orders. During our Black Friday sale, you can use the 'Add to my existing sale order' free shipping option to place multiple orders.

And here's our prerequisite Black Friday reminder:
    • Starts next Friday at 12:01am EST at www.VinegarSyndrome.com
    • 50% off nearly everything in our catalog
    • THE BEASTMASTER, FADE TO BLACK & FORGOTTEN GIALLI: VOL 2 will be in stock
    • Along with 2 secret VS reveals
    • 2 brand new VSA releases
    • New Partner Labels
    • 4 new catalog slipcovers
    • Your only chance to become a 2021 subscriber
    • And so much more!

Visit: vsblackfriday.com for more info.

~VS

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    No longer want to receive these emails? Unsubscribe.
    Vinegar Syndrome 100 Congress Street Bridgeport, Connecticut 06604

fattyjoe37 likes this.
  19. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

With VS's site in limbo now it's going to be difficult for me to make a shopping list since DVDAf is gone. I can't search what VS has released versus what I own. I'm a mere mortal now!

I put stuff in my VS cart (which they use to recommend) about a month ago but it seems like over the last few years the cart gets dumped when they come back online and I have to panic buy anyways.

Zombie Dude likes this.
  20. Katatonia

You can do it by studio (or by DVD releases) on Blu-ray.com. I think they have the majority of them entered there. Do you have a collection on there?

X-human likes this.