Antlers

Discussion in 'General' started by russweiss, Oct 29, 2021.

1. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

It seems to me that I first saw the trailer for this film back before Covid-19. Sure enough the copyright logo during the end credits read 2019.

The movie is played without humor which is my preference for horror films. There is some good violence and the effects were practical for the most part. I found it a bit slow but never boring. Normally I don't like child actors (I generally don't find them very convincing) but Jeremy Thomas did a good job. The ending was annoying but about what I expected.

There were only 3 other people in the theater during the first showing on opening day. I always hope low budget horror films make a little money because I like seeing them play on the big screen. There are several more horror titles coming out soon. The Devil's Light, The Black Phone, Resident Evil: Welcome to Raccoon City, and Scream just to name a few.

2. Natas

Natas Is it October yet?

Caught this today at the theaters

I thought it was pretty fantastic. I felt pretty bad for our main character Lucas. He did a great job here. Glad I ended my Halloween month with a Nov 1 matinee. Go check out.

f0t0z00m likes this.
  3. zompirejoe

zompirejoe Active Member

I really enjoyed this one as well. It was very dark, and really pushed a few boundaries. Other than that it was a very cool almost 80s throwback monster movie. I will definitely be getting the Blu-ray when it comes out.

f0t0z00m likes this.
  4. f0t0z00m

f0t0z00m Active Member

Sounds interesting. Putting it on my watch list.

5. Darga

Darga Narcissistic Personality

I saw the trailer for this last week and immediately put in on my watch list too. These days I just don't have time to catch it in the theater, but maybe I'll find it streaming somewhere soon.

6. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

Saw this last week. Stunning film which was the best part for me as almost every shot oozed atmosphere. The effects work, particularly the practical, was top notch. I was very impressed with the work put into that side of things and found it all quite convincing. Unfortunately the story was where it didn't quite get me. I didn't find the concept particularly interesting but that was mainly revolving around the boy and his family. That stuff felt a little on the generic side and takes up a large portion of the runtime. Thankfully the characters were really good and made it less of a problem, particularly the teacher and her brother. Definitely recommend checking it out overall though.

Steel76 and Natas like this.
  7. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

On blu-ray tomorrow!

[​IMG]

Been wanting to see this since before the pandemic but didn't get a chance to see it in theaters. Will definitely be blind-buying.

Natas and fceurich39 like this.
  8. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

Same here getting the DVD tomorrow along with black friday with Bruce Campbell at my record store. They also got the djinn but don't know anything about it.

9. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I feel like on the page, this could have easily been along the lines of Come Play, Lights Out, or those forgettable types of movies, but the cast and stunning Vancouver scenery make this one highly watchable. I did think the big final showdown with the creature was way too brief and abrupt, but for the most part I really enjoyed the movie.

Like those other movies mentioned, this could have easily been made as a PG-13 movie, so I appreciated that they went for the R-rating, especially at the end with
    the wendigo creature wearing the dad's skinned face.
    The R-rated bits were sparse throughout, but when they hit they hit hard.

Cool movie. Happy with the blind-buy.

Zombie Dude, Natas and fceurich39 like this.