Vinegar Syndrome - New Genre Label

Discussion in 'General' started by MorallySound, Sep 12, 2012.

1. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

Can anyone confirm what the difference is between the shout version and this longer cut?

2. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

They added in some extended bits they found in the vault elements here and there. Some of the stuff was originally cut out to get the MPAA rating originally. It adds up to a few extra minutes.

3. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

Ooooowwww additional gore. That's me sold!

4. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

Do they include any behind-the-scenes of how Stephen King came up with the idea?

loutoad23 and baggio like this.
  5. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

September titles will be up in 5 minutes.

One being the underrated Shallow Grave, easily one of my most anticipated releases of the year.

6. loutoad23

loutoad23 Active Member

Got Blades, Shallow Grave and Devil Story.

Another Great Month from VS!

7. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

I bought Rancho Deluxe from Bull Moose yesterday. Not Vinegar Syndrome, but close. Glad I didn’t pay extra for the limited edition slip cover because the original art is way better.

8. CPT HOOK

Good stuff from the Partner Labels too, especially Primetime Panic.

Do I want Duck! The Carbine High Massacre?

9. Katatonia

WNUF Halloween Special is also fucking awesome. I even already have the "Frank Stewart Investigates" Vinyl:

[​IMG]

X-human likes this.
  10. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

I take it you are not a yearly or half yearly subscriber. With the discount VS sells Rancho Deluxe for $19.99 which includes tax and shipping for the limited edition. The standard edition would be $3.00 less.

Katatonia likes this.
  11. Kim Bruun

Kim Bruun Resident Scream Queen

There's something for everyone in that slate, but I'm not feeling it as much as I had expected. I did order Shallow Grave. I'm back and forth about Devil Story - I skimmed though it once, and got the impression that it was random shit thrown haphazardly together. I remember watching Resurrection many years ago, and while it has Christopher Lambert and all sorts of corpses and body parts, I remember feeling indifferent towards it. I definitely wouldn't categorize it as a slasher. Blades looks like a spoof, and honestly, I tend to find horror spoofs rather unenjoyable. Looking forward to the October slate. Hoping that the never-on-Blu slasher is actually a slasher.

Btw., October is supposed to see two box sets from vinegar Syndrome. That said, Vinegar Syndrome Insider Ryan has said that the death of René Cardona Jr. has made things more complicated. They are still releasing them, but the schedule has changed. To be brutally honest, I wouldn't be in any hurry to buy a second Cardona set... but I'd be super excited if they had a Home Grown Horrors: Volume Two ready for October! :D

12. CPT HOOK

I would be disappointed to see a Cardona boxset in October. I'm hoping they'll go all horror.

That said, they've already revealed two of their October releases.

Nothing Underneath / Too Beautiful To Die

Draguse ou le manoir infernal (1976)

Kim Bruun likes this.
  13. Kim Bruun

Kim Bruun Resident Scream Queen

I believe this double feature was originally planned for September. I doubt we'll see a Cardona set in October, even if that was originally the plan.

14. maybrick

So what you are saying is that if I spent a couple hundred dollars on the subscription for dozens of movies I don’t want, I could have saved a buck and gotten the limited edition slip cover that I think is butt ugly? Good deal!

15. f.ramses

f.ramses sociopath

I'm really not sure what the point of upgrading The WNUF Halloween Special to BD is seeing as how it's a movie made to look like something that was taped off of TV in the 80s, but I just ordered it. I really like this one and the package looks really cool. Also threw on Duck! The Carbine High Massacre, Psycho Sisters, and Mail Order Murder: The Story of W.A.V.E. productions. No actual Vinegar Syndrome titles for me this time around.

16. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

I can't think of any title I've gotten from VS that has made me say what a waste of money. At a cost of around $17.00 per title that is a great price compared to virtually all other companies. They are also nearly all limited editions to boot which all tend to go up in value. Maybe that isn't for you but several members here are subscribers and I don't hear a lot of regret.

Katatonia likes this.
  17. maybrick

That’s all fine and completely besides the point of me not liking a slip cover and being happy not to have paid extra for it.

Zombie Dude likes this.
  18. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

19. Katatonia

Vinegar Syndrome Pictures - Press Release

September 3rd, 2021 - Vinegar Syndrome Pictures / New York Ninja / Censor
    Press inquires: press@vinsyn.com

Internationally acclaimed and film focused genre cinema home video distributor, Vinegar Syndrome, is proud to announce the formation of Vinegar Syndrome Pictures. VSP is a fresh sub-branding dedicated specifically to the production and distribution of carefully curated, often daring, first fun, genre-based feature films exclusively photographed on motion picture film.

VSP's initial release slate will kick off with NEW YORK NINJA, a wild action comedy originally directed by and starring John Liu, and produced by legendary New York exploitation producer Arthur Schweitzer. While NINJA was shot entirely on 35mm in 1984, the project was abandoned during production resulting in all original sound materials, scripts and treatments going missing. The rights and unedited original negative were subsequently acquired by Vinegar Syndrome, who have meticulously constructed and completed the film, enlisting the talents of genre film superstars Don "The Dragon" Wilson, Michael Berryman and Cynthia Rothrock to voice the leads. NINJA will receive its world festival premiere this Fall where it will be presented by Vinegar Syndrome's Kurtis Spieler, who spearheaded the project, with additional details on home video and digital distribution to be announced.

Following NINJA, VSP, in association with Magnolia Pictures, will present the world 4K UHD Home Video Debut of Prano Bailey-Bond's critically acclaimed, stunningly beautiful, and highly unnerving 35mm lensed psychological thriller, CENSOR, which includes stock footage from the Vinegar Syndrome vault including FROZEN SCREAM! VSP's deluxe and extra features packed UHD/Blu-ray special edition will be available for pre-order exclusively from VinegarSyndrome.com later this month, and will come housed in a limited edition rigid slipbox with newly commissioned artwork.

In addition to NEW YORK NINJA and CENSOR, VSP is preparing several additional titles for both home video as well theatrical distribution and is planning to enter pre-production on a new feature film this Winter.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

I am SOOOO stoked for New York Ninja! Looks incredible!

I caught Censor theatrically recently and thought it was just 'meh'.

But looking forward to what VSP brings in the future!

zbinks, Katatonia and Steel76 like this.