Will "A Nightmare on Elm Street" series have "Special Editions" with the remake?

Discussion in 'General' started by springjack, Dec 7, 2009.

1. springjack

springjack New Member

Will "A Nightmare on Elm Street" series have "Special Editions" with the remake?

Hi.

Don?t know if someone knows anything about this.

My original set was ruined when I moved to another home.
    I?ve been thinking of re-buying the set but a doubt came to my mind.
    With the remake due next year, it?s a golden opportunity for New Line to came up with special editions of the whole series.

Has any word about this came about?
    What shall I do? Buy the original set or wait a little longer?

Thanks for all the help.
    ________
    Glass Pipe

Last edited: Mar 20, 2011
  2. Mitbox

Mitbox Member

I think you should rebuy them again if you are a fan. It is an amazing set and today is cheaper than ever (35 bucks). Then I'd get the special editions as well if they ever see the light of day. I think there might be a possibility of releasing all movies on BD, but I'm keeping my hopes low about special editions for all movies (I'm just speculating, I have zero info on the matter).

3. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

stranger things have happened. who would have thought we'd see editions of the friday films the likes of which we have now? and on blu ray no less? i hate paying twice for the same thing. id say hold off on the old set, and wait and see what gets announced. im not against supporting the films we all love, just against wasting money.

4. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

Yeah even if they release new editions down the road, that box set is dirt cheap. I paid like $70 for mine back in like 2002.

5. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

anchor bay is goona release a 2 disc documentary on nightmare films just like the jason doc last year

i am hoping for atleast a blu-ray box set of the movies even if it is the same as dvd set just in HD would be nice also it is pretty much guaranteed we will be getting the first film on blu-ray

6. evildeadfan123

evildeadfan123 Sam & Dean Winchester

I would buy the set. Nightmare on Elm Street was released as an Infinifilm in 2006. I have that along with the box set. Maybe in a few months, we will find out if it comes out with a Special Edition.

7. Workshed

Workshed A Barge Person

My advice would be: why not wait?

With the new film coming out, the old boxed set won't likely go OOP unless there is a new set to replace it. So just wait and see.

TO make waiting more difficult: This NoES boxed set is going for $20 right now.

8. NaturesMistake

NaturesMistake Active Member

You could always get the first four on dvd for like seven bucks to hold you over. They also have a set for the last three and FvJ. It depends on how much you like the films and how much you have in your wallet. Shits tight right now so maybe you're better off waiting.

9. Zillamon51

Zillamon51 Member

Definitley wait and see what develops when the hype for the remake really kicks in. Why buy the same thing twice if you don't have to, or get stuck w/ old product when upgraded new releases might be just around the corner?

If you need a Freddy fix before catching the remake at the multiplex, just pick up the Infinifilm of the original movie, since it's unlikely that one will get upgraded (it's already a big improvement on the older release), and Anchor Bay's series doc as well.

10. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

agreed i can't see the first NOES getting a new dvd special edition BLU-RAY YES but dvd no unless they just reissue it with movie cash for the remake or somethin and the same can be said for freddy vs jason that one probably will get no new editions since the dvd and blu-ray is well stacked also

11. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

The first one needs a US BD like a motherfucker. Check the reviews of the Canadian BD on this here site. Those screens make it almost seem worth the $40-80 it's going for now! I keep fighting off the temptation to just waste a ton of loot on it.

$20 for the set? How can anyone resist that? The bonus disc is almost worth that alone! ... and to think when I picked it up for $50 or so years back I thought I was getting a steal...

12. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

There's also those two combo sets that have like 4 flicks on each one, including Freddy vs. Jason. I'm pretty certain they're dirt cheap as well.

13. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

I don't really care about new DVD editions these days, but Blu-rays of the films would be sweet!

14. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

Ditto.

15. It's me Billy

It's me Billy New Member

I paid $130 in 1999 for the DVD box set. :eek: (Of course, at that time it was well worth it.)

16. springjack

springjack New Member

Yeah!! I?ll wait. I?m not into Freddy as I am into Jason. Friday the 13th is religion!
    I like extras, so I don?t want that edition that have several movies in one case. I will wait a few months to see if something is heard regarding new dvds. If not... double dip on that.
    ________
    BMW NEW SIX HISTORY

Last edited: Mar 20, 2011
  17. the13thman

the13thman Guest

I’m holding off on rebuying these until parts 1 and 5 are released uncut – the R rated versions have annoying cuts which are really noticeable if you’re familiar with the uncut versions (which were the only versions released in Europe and presumably the rest of the world).

All current DVDs worldwide are the R rated cuts, as is the Canadian Blu of part 1 (it’s only a 1 second cut to Depp’s death scene but it’s a bad one).